BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 109 of 276 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 2758

Just been nosing around the Comics Alliance website, and of course they have a section for Dress Up.

So had a look through. And you know, some of them? Didn't really work out all that well. But it got me thinking - What sort of a prick goes slagging off someone's Dress Up efforts? Even when the results aren't all that great, the person in the get up has still spent a lot of time and effort on that. It's like painting minis. Some people do their best, and some people are natural Golden Daemon winners. All put in their best effort, so don't go criticising for the sake of criticism.

Hats off to all those who engage in Dress Up!

And no, I won't call it cosplay. For the same reason I don't have a shelf for graphic novels. I have a shelf for comic books.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

They're unbelieveably *****y.
    I know the SO is paranoid about what her friends say behind her back because all her friends slag everybodies cosplays off.
    And the online stuff between strangers is worse.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

See, my inherent confidence says 'haters are just jealous'.

Whether it's the skill gone into the costume, or a person with curves proudly wearing their spandex, it's something the hater cannot or dare not do.

I will never get the level of backstabbing in geekdom.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

It's really awful. Like anything it takes practise to get good at making costumes and also experience wearing them to build up confidence and having people criticise your outfit can put a lot of people off. I have really high standards for my own costumes but I have a rule of never saying a bad word about anyone elses unless they ask me for constructive criticism in which case I will politely make suggestions.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Its not fair really, because lets face it, all cosplayers generally feel theirs something else they could be doing to make it bottom, so the last thing they need is someone else picking away at them.

Chapter-Master

the painting analogy is a good one, if I see a paint job I don't like, I simply don't comment on it, I don't attack the painter. I don't know why people feel the need to slam somebody else's cosplay because they don't like it.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

I pretty much caught myself doing it. Saw one and thought 'really, is that the best you can do?'.

Then found myself asking 'well, what if that is the best they can do? Still better than you can do, knobjockey'. Hence the post that started this bit of the discussion.

Any cosplay has had thought, effort and soul poured into it. Who knows, person wearing it could be the greatest seamstress known to man, but due to budgetary and time constraints, wasn't able to work on their own costume as much as they would have liked.

Why such negativity in geekdom? I know I've asked this before, but come on, we're all the outsiders in life, can't we just love and support one another as fellow survivors of an idiot driven world?

And just found this via Facebook.

Chapter-Master

that is awesome, hope they go find a Ubisoft booth
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

[URL="http://mscottwrites.tumblr.com/post/91786049706/greenboost-love-those-costumes-also-the"]Windblade and Chromia[/URL]
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    I pretty much caught myself doing it. Saw one and thought 'really, is that the best you can do?'.

Then found myself asking 'well, what if that is the best they can do? Still better than you can do, knobjockey'. Hence the post that started this bit of the discussion.
    You're entitled to think it, but going online, or sitting around loudly criticising in public. That's where there's a problem...