BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Default DuskRaider's All Encompassing Chaos

Hey folks!
    Well let me start off by saying this isn't my main army, but is slowly working its way into the foreground as far as my forces are concerned. I have a HUGE Forge World Death Guard army that I am forever working on, and my Apocalypse theme is a Nurgle / Khorne alliance, so I thought that it's quite imperative that I start a FW World Eaters force.

My World Eaters still retain their Legion colors, as they worship Khorne in his aspect of martial honor. As such, I have planned more then simply an army of Berserkers. As I'm writing this I've finished a squad of 10 World Eaters Tactical Marines, and I'll be building a unit of 8 World Eaters Chosen as soon as pieces arrive. For now, enjoy these pics and I invite you to have a look at my Photobucket for more pictures of my World Eaters, Death Guard, Renegade Militia, and Daemons. Thanks for the look!

-DR

]

Last edited by DuskRaider; 08-12-2009 at 12:59 PM.

dude that is awesome, i love how your berserker people look like they have just finished combat

Scout

Love 'em. Especially the blue colors gives them a much different feel than those countless oter WE armies.

Brother-Sergeant

Dude, those berserkers look incredible!

The terminators also look good, but the photos are too blurry to see properly

These models are awesome! I like your painting style. Sort of John Blanche's... dirty and gritty but artistic at the same time.

Good work!

Veteran-Sergeant

Very dark and gritty feel to them, judging from these minis those soon to come chosen will be really interesting!

These look fantastic! I'm a huge fan of the gritty painting style. It just makes them look like they are warriors instead of generic armor suits off the showroom floor in my opinion.

Brother-Sergeant

Thank you everyone! Yeah, my camera kind of... Well, sucks. I'm trying to get some proper photographic equipment, but money's tight these days . Anyhow, I completely forgot to throw a link to my Photobucket up (d'oh!), so here you go!

[url]http://s256.photobucket.com/albums/hh166/DuskRaider/[/url]

The last Terminator should be done today, and then it's going to be a little while before more get painted... My Ultramarines Blue dried up. I just bought that, too... But stay tuned, I'm working on a Brass Scorpion that's really coming along!

-DR

Initiate

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by DuskRaider View Post
    Thank you everyone! Yeah, my camera kind of... Well, sucks. I'm trying to get some proper photographic equipment, but money's tight these days . Anyhow, I completely forgot to throw a link to my Photobucket up (d'oh!), so here you go!

[url]http://s256.photobucket.com/albums/hh166/DuskRaider/[/url]

The last Terminator should be done today, and then it's going to be a little while before more get painted... My Ultramarines Blue dried up. I just bought that, too... But stay tuned, I'm working on a Brass Scorpion that's really coming along!

-DR
    Nice minis! I did notice one of your FW minis had sandbags on the base. I hand make a lot of my own sandbags too for terrain, etc. One of the easiest tricks I've found to get a good 'burlap sandbag' sort of texture to each sandbag without having to do tones of individual cross-hatch marks is to take a piece of old T-shirt cloth and press it into the clay / green stuff to imprint the texture on it. I usually make a long strip of clay about the width and thickness I want the sand bags, impress the cloth and remove it, then cut the individual bags using scissors and sculpt / touch up the ends of the bags to model gravity, etc. Works out very nicely and it's a real time saver. Thanks again for sharing the cool pics.

Scout

These are great - I always figure the WE never bothered repainting their armour it just kind of went red because of all the gore they got covered in!

Looking really good - Keep 'em coming!

Jim
    01001001011100110010000001110100011010000110100101 11001100100000011101000110111101101111001000000110 01110110010101100101011010110111100100111111

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast