BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Fly Lord

Default Adepta Sororitas 1st Impressions

Reecius over at Frontline is VERY impressed:

[URL="http://www.frontlinegaming.org/2013/10/18/sisters-of-battle-first-impressions/"]Sisters 1st Impressions[/URL]

excerpt
    First of all, there are some big changes! This isn’t just a digital version of the book or a supplement, this is a full blown codex with a color section, fluff, new wargear, points value, rules, etc.

Second of all: Sisters are good. Really good and they are gong to upset the hell out of the meta.
    Why?

Comdemnor Boltguns. Holy. Crap. This 10pt weapon is 24″, assault 1, Strength 5, AP-, and, wait for it, any unit HIT by this weapons suffers Perils in the Warp….my god! Screamerstar just crapped its pants. So did the Seercouncil, and any Psychic model in the game. Great Gonzo’s nose that is crazy! Any character with access to the Ranged Weapons section of the armory can take these weapons and that is pretty much every Character (including sarges) and Command Squads can pack 5! Wow. That just made every psyker in the game a liability if you find yourself facing Sisters. Eldar get some cushion with Ghost Helms, and FnP still helps, but these are straight deadly. Even overwatch is scary! Taking these liberally throughout an army is going to just shut down enemy psykers.
    Anyone here have it? Let's hear your own impressions. Did GW Digital slip in a gamechanger under everyone's noses?
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Well, that's one way to clear out the stock of old sisters models!

It's probably a once per game thing like the one in the Grey Knights book that shares the same profile.
    Last edited by Kyban; 10-19-2013 at 12:27 AM.

Chapter-Master

Edit: They're a type of combi-weapon, so it is once per game. Not that you need to inflict many Perils to change the game.
    Last edited by DarkLink; 10-19-2013 at 02:10 AM.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kyban View Post
    Well, that's one way to clear out the stock of old sisters models!

It's probably a once per game thing like the one in the Grey Knights book that shares the same profile.
    I hit a Screamerstar with two Condemnor Boltgun shots. All two-four Heralds die, regardless of the whole "2+ re-rollable invulnerable save" shenanigans. That's already about 500 points dead for your opponent, and another 200 or so when the Screamers lose their psychic buffs. And this is from two 10 point upgrades on my basic squad sergeants - Veteran Superiors. Pretty much any psyker in the game is dead meat against Sisters of Battle.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

It's a combi-weapons, so once per game, but every squad leader can take them.

Also of note - it works against units with the brotherhood of psykers rule (ie. Grey Knights).

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Reece didn't say anything about once per game, and I seriously doubt he would not mention that if it were there. Regardless, you don't need many actual shots with it. A couple of hits, and you're down a Herald or Librarian, and that's that.
    Not to have a go at reecius, but BnC is saying that its once per game like a combi weapon....still has potential, but maybe a bit pricey
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

It is once per game, it is the combi-weapon alternate mode. Still excellent as it is cheap and abundant. Pretty much every squad but Seraphim and Repentia can have their Sister Superior take one.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

If the bolter babes get some love and become popular, I may reheat a web campaign I started writing up. With those rules I see no reason why they would start becoming more popular, just the limitation of the range.

Anyone got £500 they could loan me?

[url]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1190001a&prodId=prod227 0004a[/url]
    Last edited by Renegade; 10-19-2013 at 05:48 AM.

First-Captain

Wow. I always wanted to use that combi weapon and they have made it much better.

I always wanted a full sister army, but dropping the cost of units and raising the model price kills that. I already have a Canoness, 2 sister squads, repentia, 2 exorcist, a possible 2 immolators, and two rhinos. Oh and Celestine and it's hard for me to break 1k. I wished I completed the army when it was only 50 dollars for a squad of 10, but waiting screwed me with sisters. With guard I came out cheaper when I waited with them.

When I make my female guards men I will probably use them as sisters as well.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Not to have a go at reecius, but BnC is saying that its once per game like a combi weapon....still has potential, but maybe a bit pricey
    Yeah, I fixed that.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast