BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

love my wraith army to bitz... and they very often win locally v csm/marines/necron/nidz... but they just hate DE poison / 8/2 gunships... having one unit in a decent size army as a 'nasty suprise' can work nicely... but a whole army is generally too small against gunlines like tau, DE or other eldar... my SPIDAR [maxed out Warp Spiderz] take down Wraith style armies like crazy...

relying on Spiritseers or 'random' Farseer powers makes it a bit of a lottery ... not saying it isnt fun, and yes we can all roll it ... but v. expensive army to field if you are starting from scratch...

ive gone 6/6 Wraithguard in ships //10 axe on foot+FS + Baron // 5 scythe+SS in ship // 3 wraithlord

would like to try wraithknights out but need to rob a bank first !

Agreed, full Wraith army is not for beginners.

I fielded an all Wraith list in a tourney a few weeks back, and did ok, won against grey knights and lost to Orks, but that was because I had some horrible rolls with my armor saves on my Wraithblades and one of my Knights at the end.

The all Wraith lists can be a lot of fun and the look on people's faces when you pull out 3 Wraithknights is hilarious.

can understand why wraithguard with mucking big guns are speed handicapped, but think wraith constructs with two swords or a whopping axe should have been given 'fleet' ...

Eldar are clearly capable making fast, graceful, gigantic war machines, the sticking point on Wraith units is more the whole not being alive thing.

that got written out of the codex... ???... and warlocks are leadership 8 ! ???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12