BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Well, it's Saturday and I still haven't finished them....Instead of painting into the small hours I went out for food with the Wifelette! Chinese all the way.

However, I did manage to throw some paint down while she was getting ready
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	215.7 KB 
ID:	5349

Some metal goodness! SImple really, Leadbeltcher, spots of runefang and then nuln oil. Nice and simple for rank and file blokes. I have however, since last night, line highlighted all the black cloth and such. I'm in the home stretch!

IF you've got any pointers or areas in which I could improve, please feel free to tell me!

-KaiZie

Veteran-Sergeant

Looking good! I like the colours. The only advice I would give is to not overload with leadbelcher because it can make the model a bit bland. Also some gold would look good with this scheme. Which colour are you going to use for the crossbow?

Veteran-Sergeant

The models are now finished! Woot! I will be putting final pics up tomorrow. As I was going for quick and easy I left the crossbows black. All skulls and dangly charms etc are gold to break up the silver. I know what you mean about the leadbelcher but chainmail is chainmail :P All that is left is basing, which I will leave to you to decide

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by KaiZie View Post
    The models are now finished! Woot! I will be putting final pics up tomorrow. As I was going for quick and easy I left the crossbows black. All skulls and dangly charms etc are gold to break up the silver. I know what you mean about the leadbelcher but chainmail is chainmail :P All that is left is basing, which I will leave to you to decide
    Cool I am curious to see the results

Veteran-Sergeant

So here we are, all built, painted and ready to go! What do we all think?

I wasn't overly keen on the way the glaze worked over black, and my edge lines could have been neater, but for rank and file I think they aren't too bad.

Name:	13.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	206.4 KB 
ID:	5367
    As you cab see I've posted several different views to give a feel of the unit as a whole.

Name:	14.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	190.3 KB 
ID:	5368
    Using cadian fleshtone to highlight khorne red was a bit odd but I actually like the end result with the glaze as a whole. It tints it nicely and ties into the flash as well.

Name:	15.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	213.8 KB 
ID:	5369
    The gold accents on the army runes and pendants help add a much needed extra colour the the minis and stop the silver taking over too much.

Name:	16.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	243.5 KB 
ID:	5370
    So all in all a good first unit I feel. These were easy to paint in the grand scheme of things both in terms of the model and the colour palette. As I'm going for a Khainite Har Ganeth force, the red and gold give this impression (hopefully) while the heavy use of black helps them not stand out as the main fighting force of the army, unlike Wiches or Exocutions which will focus heavily on reds and golds in the future of this project.

All that is left is to decide a basing scheme. What do you guys thing would work best?

All thoughts, feelings, comments and questions welcomed!

That's all for now. Next on the table is the new Kharibdyss/Hyrda kit. It's been ordered and is on it's way!

Til next time,

-KaiZie

Brother-Captain

Looking really nice there and I'm keen to see your take on the new big beastie. My only comment would be that your guys really could use having their eyes painted in as without them the faces are kinda bland.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Veteran-Sergeant

Looking good, a nice contrast between blue and red.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Brakkart View Post
    Looking really nice there and I'm keen to see your take on the new big beastie. My only comment would be that your guys really could use having their eyes painted in as without them the faces are kinda bland.
    Agreed, I really should just man up and learn to paint eyes

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Looking good, a nice contrast between blue and red.
    Thanks, however I have some bad new, evidently the flash on my phone has made the grey highlights come out blue However I am using blues on leather for witches and a special addition to my army which will arrive tomorrow!

Veteran-Sergeant

Here we go with an update. I've been both a busy bee and the victim of invasion! :O

I once had a perfectly quiet hobby room, just for me. It had all my paints, my own desk. A place to Keep my larp gear, read a book and unwind after a long day in the office with some painting. But then, I introduced my girlfriend to painting. I believed it to be an innocent act, show her my hobby, maybe she'll paint a model and e done with it. Little did i know that just below the surface lurked something dark, something....evil. We all have it. Every single member of this forum, including you, the reader. it was...

THE HOBBY GENE!!

That's right, my once quiet haven from the world has been invaded and held captive by my girlfriend and her ever growning quest to be a better painter than me. And she's not off to a bad start at all. Safe to say, I'm both impressed, and worried

This means 2 things;

A) Posts will slow down until I can get us a second desk
    B) I have someone to chill and paint with 7 days a week....nice

I will however post the finished RXB's as the bases have been finised and a few additions made after some suggestions form you fine folk. Yes, I manned up and painted the eyes and mouths.

I will also throw up a picture of my SO's fine work on an old Dark Eldar Archon model I had lying around, she's keen to get some opinions and pointers.

So, until then, Happy Hobby

- KaiZie

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast