BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast
    Fly Lord

Default Wood Elves Rumor Roundup

via Ajota from the Spanish [URL="http://server4.foros.net/index2.php?mforum=OjodelTerror"]Eye of Terror forums[/URL] 10-8-2013

Ajota specified Wood Elves are in "april/may".

Cosas que se oyen sobre silvanos, aunque debemos recordar que enanos sale antes, a principios de 2014:
    Translated as: "Things you hear on Silvan, but we must remember that dwarves out before, in early 2014:"

Rules

Army wide ASF ( elves only )
    - Hawkeye ( only elves , reroll one to hit, single shots)
    - Spirit of the Forest ( unstable magical attacks, hatred , 5 + ward save , harmony with the forest )
    - Elven Bow ( f4 , rapid fire , extra row )
    - Saearath ( cc weapon , +1 Strength , + 1 SEspecial , spears )
    - Explorers / Ambushers ( NDT : not what it is )

Forest Guard : Elvish Bow , Hawkeye
    Eternal Guard : f4 , Saearath , L8
    Light Knights : same
    Driades : forms of combat .
    Riders Halcon : Elven Bow , Hawk Eye , launches
    Kournous Riders : Spirit of the forest, Saearath , L8 , F4 , A2 ( idk if directly go deer)
    Arboreal : Spirit of the forest , as
    Banshees : Spirit of the forest, Lamento ( breath attack ) , terror .
    Eagle Claws : same
    Wardancer : same , except for some changes that do not know .
    Forest : Forest Spirit , Bow Elvish .
    Men Tree: Like I
    Millennial choleric : Hate Eternal , and nose to more

Miniatures

Man Megacaja Tree (Giant) / Durtu / Millennium cashflow
    - Great Dragon Box Forest / Lord of the Forest / Sisters of Twilight
    - Safety in Deer Forest Kournous
    - Safety Kournous Riders (apparently nothing to do with the look of today, more fey and spiritual)
    - Safety Wardancer / Forest
    - Riders Box Falcon / Eagle Claws
    - Safety Eternal Guard / Forest Banshees
    - Blister Cantor of Trees
    - Blister Lord of Forests
    - Blister Skaw the Falconer

via BoLS 11-14-2013
    May Release
    The final army book of 8th Edition
    New Glade Guard
    New Way Watchers
    New War Dancers
    New Dryads
    New Treemen
    New War Eagles
    New units...
    [URL="http://natfka.blogspot.com/2014/04/wood-elf-release-and-its-details.html#more"]via Faeit[/URL] 4-9-2014

Wood Elves are out in May. They get only a two week release - armybook, magic cards and three plastic kits. It is not a total overhaul and their finecast kits - even the cavalry plastic-finecast-kits - stay valid. The only exception is the eternal guard. They are dropped completely. The models can be used as war dancers.

One of the new kits is special because it can be used for several different units. You can build either three hawk riders, which are one hawk and two surfers now, or three giant owl-like monsters called stonefeathers and six waywatchers. On top of that you can build a hero on hawk or on foot.

The second kit is a war dancer combokit. The second unit wears varying animal masks and shields made of pelt on wooden frames. They have animal claws as weapons.

The last kit is tree ancient and meadow hag. The former is a giant-sized tree man with a huge beard made of bark. The latter has a crown of leaves and she has a skirt of roots instead of legs. Her hands grow into a web of thorns.

The rest of the range stays as it is, the finecast kits probably mail order only.

The wood elves have very dynamic poses because almost all their units are skirmishers again and the sculptors didn't have to worry about spacing. Skirmishers work seamlessly with other regiments in 9th edition, so there will be no problem with this play style.
    via [URL="http://imgur.com/a/NrfK2#0"]Imgur[/URL] and everywhere 4-22-2014

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dBw5t9y.jpg 
Views:	3397 
Size:	280.5 KB 
ID:	8389Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iFwWCbL.jpg 
Views:	3823 
Size:	404.3 KB 
ID:	8390Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jjX8UxG.jpg 
Views:	3539 
Size:	304.9 KB 
ID:	8391Click image for larger version. 

Name:	khwpUH9.jpg 
Views:	4594 
Size:	342.6 KB 
ID:	8392Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Smn0VvN.jpg 
Views:	4947 
Size:	297.6 KB 
ID:	8393Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wood Elves1.jpg 
Views:	9193 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	8394Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wood Elves2.jpg 
Views:	4061 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	8395Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wood Elves3.jpg 
Views:	3934 
Size:	29.6 KB 
ID:	8396Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wood Elves4.jpg 
Views:	4186 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	8397Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wood Elves6.jpg 
Views:	4018 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	8398

Week 1 Wood Elves Releases
    via [URL="http://latabernadelaurana.blogspot.com/"]lataburnadellaurana[/URL]

Warhammer: Wood Elves : Army Book full color, hardcover, 92 pages €39
    Battle Magic: Elves: 16 magic cards, €6
    Araloth the Sorcerer: New Character, plastic clampack, Wizard and falcon. €17.50
    Ancient Treeman: Reissue of old Man Tree, triple option box, can create: TreeMan, Treeman Ancient, or Durthu a character €50

Missed these from a couple days back:

via [URL="http://eltallerdeyila.blogspot.com.es/2014/04/reglas-de-ejercito-elfos-silvanos.html#more"]The Workshop Yila[/URL] (translated from Spanish)

Army Wide Rules:
    Always Strikes First, Hatred (Beastmen), Forest Strider, No penalty to move and shoot with bows, Bows (magical and regular) reroll 1s to hit and add +1 Strength at half range.

Wood Elf Wizards have +1 to cast lore of Athel Loren.

Wood Elves still get a free wood.

Waywatchers Wardancers and bar are unchanged at half range. Waywatchers are S4 and have Killing Blow.

War Hawks Have the old Hit and Run rule.

Eternal Guard weapons are unchanged. The spear is +1 strength.

Mantle of the Asrai grants a 6+ Ward save.

Mantle of Kurunos grants a 6+ plus Armor save.

Wild Riders gain Frenzy.

Forest Spirit rule grants units Immune to Psychology and a 6+ ward save.
    [URL="http://latabernadelaurana.blogspot.com/"]via latabernadadelaurana[/URL] 4-24-2014
    via MythicKhan 4-25-2014

Got a nice look at the White Dwarf today. Pretty much everything that can be leaked out has as far as I can see. Definites on the stags, the High/Dark/All 8 Lores access for them (which personally I think is cool, but then I'm a new player as opposed to someone attached to previous iterations). Treeman looks awesome, particularly the one painted in more wood like colours. Ranked dryads were present, the original Glade Guard and Glade Riders on ordinary painted horses (speculation with GW manager was spirit horse option?).

As far as I could see, the 'Eternal Guard' like minis appear to have some sort of great axe, but nothing concrete on other weapon options or what (if anything) they double up with. Manager also mentioned that Sisters of Twilight have gone off the website too! Fingers crossed for forest dragon!

Needless to say, I have a limited edition book on unofficial preorder :P

Pretty sure two axes (ed. ~ miniature seen in the pics doing the rounds) is a unit champion. If you look closely at the right hand end of the axe-elves, I believe you can see a musician wielding an axe that is much the same (and is that a peak of the same axe being held forward just as the picture cuts?)
    via [URL="http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?36070-Wood-Elves-Rumor-Roundup&p=415719&viewfull=1#post415719"]Qaz:[/URL] 4-27-2014

Week 2 releases:
    Wild Riders/Stag Knights
    Eternal Guard/Wildwood Rangers
    1-2 Characters
    Confirmations on 2nd Wood Elves Week!

Here:

via [URL="http://latabernadelaurana.blogspot.c...da-oleada.html"]La Taburna[/URL] 4-28-2014

* Sisters of the Thorn / Wild Riders: Plastic Box, dual kit, 5 miniatures. 29 euro. The Sisters are the Stag Riders, and the Wild Riders are Orion´s personal Guard, with long spears.

* Eternal Guard / Wildwood Rangers: Plastic box, dual infantry kit, 10 miniatures. 31 Euro. Has a Command Set: Champion, Musician and Standard Bearer

* Guardians of The Deepwood: Army Box, 3 Treemen and 36 Dryads. 190 euro. Treemen can be armed as Ancient and even one Durthu. Only until stocks last.
    Week 2 [URL="http://imgur.com/EzF5cZ4,z5bNGJW,Txn8jpL,z5cFoeR,7q5YoxJ,AUIrQHT#0"]Minis pics[/URL] 4-28-2014

via [URL="http://40kwarzone.blogspot.com/2014/05/new-wood-elf-rules.html"]40K Warzone:[/URL] 5-2-2014
    Army wide special rules:

Blessings of the Ancients: Any model with this special rule adds +1 to cast when in a forest

Ambush from the Worldroots: A Wood Elf army can place an additional forest (use a citadel wood) on the battlefield. This is done during deployment and must be placed wholly on your half of the battlefield. This is not mysterious terrain - declare it's type when you place it. If you cannot fit it, love other pieces of terrain by shortest necessary distance until it's possible to place. If a forest cannot be placed or the scenario means the Woof Elf army does not have a table half in which to deploy, this forest is not used.

Forest Spirit: Models with this special rule have the Forest Strider special rule and it's attacks (shooting and combat) are magical. In addition, if the model is not a mount, it has a 6+ ward and Immume to Psychology.

Forest Stalker: Models with this special rule have the Forest Strider special rule. In addition, if at least half it's models are within a forest:

- All models that have the Forest Stalker special rule fire in one more rank than normal (if the unit chooses to Volley Fire, this will mean that all the models in the front three ranks and half the models in forth and subsequent ranks are able to shoot)

- All models that have the Forest Stalker special rule can make supporting attacks with one extra rank than normal. This is cumulative with other special rules that allow models to fight in extra ranks.

- All models that have the Forest Stalker special rule (but not their mounts) re-roll all To Wound rolls of a 1 in combat.

Most Elven units also have, as expected, Always Strikes first.

So basically a mix of High and Dark Elf special rules if you're in a forest.

Magic: Spellsinger use one of the eight battle magic lores. Spellweavers use High Magic or Dark Magic or one of the eight other lores, but High Magic and Dark Magic have their own attributes:

High Magic attribute: Whenever a Wood Elf Wizard successfully casts a spell from this lore, and it is not dispelled, place a protection counter next to him once the spell has been resolved. Whenever the Wizard (or a model in the same unit as him) suffers an unsaved Wound and there are one or more protection counters next to him, remove a protection counter and treat the Wound as if it had been saved. (WOW!)

Dark Magic attribute: Whenever a Wood Elf Wizard successfully casts a spell from this lore, and the spell is not dispelled, place a vengeance counter next to each target once the spell has been resolved (do not place counters next to friendly units). Whenver a unit with vengeance counters suffers hits from a spell from the Lore of Dark Magic, remove those counters and increase the number of hits inflicted by D3 for each vengeance counter removed (roll separately for each counter).

The Armoury of Torgovann:

Asrai Longbow: 30" Range, Str 3, Armour Piercing, Volley Fire

Blackbriar Javelin: 12" Range, Str User, Armour Piercing, Poisoned Attacks

Asrai Spear:

- Foot: Combat, Str User, Amour Piercing, Fight in Extra Ranks

- Mounted: Combat, +1 Str (only on the charge), Armour Piercing
    Enchanted Arrows:

Arcane Bodkins: 30" Range, Str 3, Volley Fire. -3 Armour Saving modifier to wounds caused by Arcane Bodkins.

Hagbane Tips: 30" Range, Str 3, Armour Piercing, Poisoned Attacks, Volley Fire

Moonfire Shot: 30" Range, Str 3, Armour Piercing, Flaming Attacks, Volley Fire. Hits from Moonfire Shot have +1 on rolls to Wound against units with a majority model count from Forces of Order.

Starfire Shafts: 30" Range, Str 3, Armour Piercing, Flaming Attacks, Volley Fire. Hits from Moonfire Shot have +1 on rolls to Wound against units with a majority model count from Forces of Destruction.

Swiftshiver Shafts: 30" Range, Str 3, Armour Piercing, Multiple Shots (2), Volley Fire

Trueflight Arrows: 30" Range, Str 3, Armour Piercing, Volley Fire

Shooting attacks made with Trueflight Arrows do not suffer To Hit penalties.

New Units/Models:

Wildwood Rangers: Elven profile with WS5. Always Strikes First, Forest Stalker, Immune to Psychology and

Guardians of the Wildwood: If a model with this rule is in base contact with one model with Fear or Terror, it has +1 Attack.

Armed with Great Weapons & Light Armour.

Sisters of the Thorn: Elven profile with BS5. Always Strikes First, Forest Stalker, Fast Cavalry, Poisoned Attacks (Riders Only), 4+ Ward and:

Deepwood Coven: A unit of sisters is considered a Level 2 Wizard with the spells Shield of Thorns (Lore of Life) and Curse lf Anraheir (Lore of Beasts). This doesn't prevent other wizards knowing the same spells. Recievs +1 to cast for each rank of 5 after the first to a max of +3. Choose one sister for the caster or target for purposes of line of sight, range etc. Miscast results in d3 wounds with no saves of any kind allowed.

Wild Riders: Elven profile with WS5, Str 4. Always Strikes First, Devastating Charge (Riders only), Forest Stalker, Fast Cavalry, Fear, Frenzy and:

Talasmanic Tatoos: 6+ Ward Save

Durthu: M5, WS7, BS7, S6, T6, W6, I2, A6, Ld10

Lvl 1 Wizard that uses Beasts, Blessings of the Ancients, Flammable, Forest Spirit, Frenzy, Hatred, Large Target, Scaly Skin (3+), Stubborn, Terror;

Tree Whack: Make a Tree Whack attack in place of attacking. Must be declared before rolling to hit. Nominate enemy model in base contact. This model must pass an Initiative test or suffer D6 wounds with no armour saves allowed. May be used in a challenge.

A Lamentation of Despairs: 12" Range, Str 2, Killing Blow, Multiple Shots (2d6)

Araloth: M5, WS8, BS7, S4, T3, W3, I8, A5, Ld10

Always Strikes First, Forest Stalker, Stubborn;

Boldest of the Bold: Whilst Araloth is a lone character, he has Unbreakable (replaces Stubborn)

Favour of the Goddess: 4+ Ward Save

Skaryn the Eye Thief: Nominate a single enemy model within 18" of Araloth. This model takes a Str 4 hit. If wound is unsaved and the wound roll was a 6, model suffers -5 penalty to Weapon Skill and Initiative (to a minimum of 1) for the rest of the game. A model can only suffer this penalty once.
    Last edited by Bigred; 05-02-2014 at 12:05 AM.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Seem way to early to be getting these sorts of rumours, no offense to the source. It was unusual enough getting SM lists like this a month before pre-orders let alone eight months in advance.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I dunno.

It's safe to say the book is likely done and dusted, as it appears Mat Ward wrote the Elven trinity around the same time.

So it's not outside the realms of possibility. I do remain my usual sceptical self.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Veteran-Sergeant

Good building blocks looking forward though. If even half of these remain true come the release we'll have a decent understanding of what to expect...But i think ASF is a safe choice, and rerolls to shooting of 1's

Veteran-Sergeant

Yes the rule rumors seem logical to me if you compare it to recent releases. However some of the rumored miniatures look strange to me. Hope they get some nice looking stag or bear riders. Warhammer needs more bears

Veteran-Sergeant

Bears and Moose....i do like me some moose!

I wonder what on earth a forest banshee is though? I'm intreged

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by KaiZie View Post
    Bears and Moose....i do like me some moose!

I wonder what on earth a forest banshee is though? I'm intreged
    Yes its indeed a strange choice, sounds more vampire counts to me.

Brother-Captain

I'm hoping for some kind of moosebear monster now
    Like the Mooselion!
    Wolfman of the Horsepack of Derailment
    The artist formerly known as "WTF you can't say that!"

Veteran-Sergeant

Moosebearlion....half moose, half bear, half lion

Veteran-Sergeant

It would be amazing if the new stag riders would look like thranduil on his stag at the beginning of the hobbit (smaug attacks Erebor scene). For some reason I am really excited about a wood elf release (and I dont play them).

Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast