BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Sisters of silence are also getting a list in next years FW Horus Heresy book Inferno, dealing with the battle of Prospero. They seem to have been disbanded long before M41 probably folded into the Inquisition.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    They have almost nothing to do with each other except the word "sister."
    That isnt completly true and you know it. I am well aware that neither order is directly related (atleast without a retcon or the like). But the SoS were the original Witch Hunters and Black Ship crews, and as eldargal pointed out some believe they were drafted into the Inquisition. Seing as how the Hereticus (current Witch Hunters) and SoB work closely together, an SoS unit in a new codex would be unfluffy unless the HH series unveils a a more sinister means for their disappearance.

Like I said, this is closer to wishlisting but again seems to me that GW is trying to tie the universe closer together
    http://www.heresy-online.net/daemons/adoptables/10912-dchingus.htm
    Please help my lil buddy by a lil clicky click

There is absolutely no indication they exist as a force in their own right in M41 though. You may see trained SoS style blank soldiers in Inquisitorial retinues but that would be it.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

That is true. Plus if a new codex keeps the OH removed from the SoB's, then we may not see them in retinues as Inquisitors were replaced by Priests and retinues replaced by Battle Conclaves.
    http://www.heresy-online.net/daemons/adoptables/10912-dchingus.htm
    Please help my lil buddy by a lil clicky click

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    There is absolutely no indication they exist as a force in their own right in M41 though. You may see trained SoS style blank soldiers in Inquisitorial retinues but that would be it.
    Pretty sure the sisters of silence STILL crew the black ships.....isn't that in faith and fire?
    Last edited by daboarder; 10-02-2013 at 04:05 PM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

I suspect that the Sisters of Silence, like the Custodians, ceased to exist as a fighting force at the Siege of Terra.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Sitnam View Post
    I know this is getting into the realm of wishlisting, but is it likely that we may see the Sisters of Silence if a real codex and new models are ever released? It seems to me that GW is trying to integrate the various aspects of 40k lore together, and it seems like an easy way to add new units to army that quite frankly that doesn't have a ton of variety right now.
    Aren't they now basically part of the Adeptus Astra Telepathica, or whoever runs the Black Ships?
    That said, given that we have things like the Temple Assassins as single model elite units in the inquisition book, I could see a Sister of Silence being a single model IC in elite slot with Blank abilities and bonuses vs psykers.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Pretty sure the sisters of silence STILL crew the black ships.....isn't that in faith and fire?
    I don't remember, I'll have to check. Nifty if so.

Chapter-Master

Im pretty sure the SoS were wiped out to the last woman, between Prospero and the defence of the Emperors Palace from the Warp Rift in the basement.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

interestingly. The lex entry basically says that the fandom has no idea which of the two is right as its never been stated at or even hinted at either way.....but someone needs to crew the black ships
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast