BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default StormRaven question

Hi Guys,

Am about to start up a GK army, as I love the models, no idea how its gonna go, but we will see:-)

Anyway was reading up on the StormRaven and Coatez, Coatez can assault out of vehicles, but does that mean if Coatez and a unit of ssay Termies are in the Storm Raven that they can come on the board disembark and charge in the same turn??

Thx

Polle

Coteaz doesn't have any special rules about assaulting out of vehicles. If you've just been reading up on him before buying the codex, perhaps your internet sources have confused his "I've Been Expecting You" rule, which permits him (and friendly units within 12" of him) to shoot at units that have just arrived from Reserve?

Nothing in the GK codex that I know of alters the general prohibition on assaulting on the turn a unit arrives from Reserve.

Ok, thats a shame:-(. On another point about the SR, can it transport Termies?? Could not see if it could or could not.

Polle

Quote Originally Posted by Mcpolle View Post
    Ok, thats a shame:-(. On another point about the SR, can it transport Termies?? Could not see if it could or could not.

Polle
    Terminators are Bulky so a Storm Raven can carry 6!

Chaplain

Storm ravens have assault ramps, so whatever u put in them can assault when they disembark, except if the storm raven deep strikes, and keep in mind if it moves more then 6 inches troops can only assault out of it if they have jump packs
    "I have seen what you will see. I have fought what you must fight, and I have slain what you must slay...." Commander Dante

Chapter-Master

But, nobody can assault the turn they arrive on the board (unless they have some special rule allowing them to do so).
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

So normally there would be two restrictions that prevent a unit that has come out of reserves in a transport from assaulting. 1. You can't normally assault out of transport 2. You can't assault the same turn you come in from reserves. The Assault Vehicle rule would cover the first restriction, but you still can't assault due to having just come out of reserves. It's the reason I keep trying to convince my friend not to put his 200+pt HQ and squad of TH/SS termies in a kitted out Storm Raven. Having over 1/3 of your army do nothing till turn 3 at best is not a good strategy.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Archon Charybdis View Post
    So normally there would be two restrictions that prevent a unit that has come out of reserves in a transport from assaulting. 1. You can't normally assault out of transport 2. You can't assault the same turn you come in from reserves. The Assault Vehicle rule would cover the first restriction, but you still can't assault due to having just come out of reserves. It's the reason I keep trying to convince my friend not to put his 200+pt HQ and squad of TH/SS termies in a kitted out Storm Raven. Having over 1/3 of your army do nothing till turn 3 at best is not a good strategy.
    This is why my stormraven carries objective-snagging tacs, while my land raider carries killy objective-clearing assault units.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Thx for clearing this up:-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast