BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Chaplain

Default Mini-rulebook up for pre-order: "Warhammer 40,000: The Rules"

Check it out:
    [url]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440161a&prodId=prod2160 089a[/url]
    "What scares us is I think we needed violence."
    http://reddragons40k.blogspot.com/

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Mike X View Post
    Check it out:
    [url]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440161a&prodId=prod2160 089a[/url]
    Not cheap, but it looks well sweet.

Actually... it doesn't look too bad. It's just that the majority of the gamers already has a 40k rulebook... and the ones that thought the big one was unwieldy, got a small one either of ebay or just by buying DV themselves.

If GW only put this out as a book when 6th ed. would've been released, it would've sold, though it would also hurt sales for the big book with fluff and all.

Now it just looks like GW is totally oblivious about the 2nd hand market on DV rulebooks going around online.

The ribbons are a nice touch though. Flipping through my small book back and forth sometimes is quite annoying.

What i fear down the road is GW releasing a big and small rule book with 7th and that the 7th starter set will contain a dubbed down rule set covering only exactly what is in the box.

Librarian

I wonder if this book has updated info, like what the FAQ's/Errata's have changed (IE, Nobz/Paladins/Wolf Guard are no longer characters, and Wound Allocation stuff)

I thought one of the reasons why we got the DV version is because it's smaller, AND lightweight. Wouldn't the Hard Cover make it a bit more difficult to carry?

Now we have what, 4, 5 versions? We have the regular hard back, the DV version, iBook, eBook, and now this. (Not sure if there is a collector edition HC or not.)
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Quote Originally Posted by HsojVvad View Post
    I thought one of the reasons why we got the DV version is because it's smaller, AND lightweight. Wouldn't the Hard Cover make it a bit more difficult to carry?

Now we have what, 4, 5 versions? We have the regular hard back, the DV version, iBook, eBook, and now this. (Not sure if there is a collector edition HC or not.)
    There is a collectors edition of the rule book thats bigger and on different paper, so yeah, although I think the iBook version is the same as this version.

The hardbacks are a lot more durable and not much heavier in the long run and for the price you're paying for a second hand DV book on ebay, this is a much better deal

I am wondering if this means 7th edition rule book will cost $200 or $250. I mean for only $30 more we get so much more with the full HC rule book.
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Battle-Brother

Don't really see how this is worth $50.00. At $30 or $35, I could see it, and might even be willing to pick one up. It has already been mentioned, but at this price, anybody that is in need of a small rulebook will just get one off of eBay, or get a DV box set.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by gensu11 View Post
    Don't really see how this is worth $50.00. At $30 or $35, I could see it, and might even be willing to pick one up. It has already been mentioned, but at this price, anybody that is in need of a small rulebook will just get one off of eBay, or get a DV box set.
    I completely agree.
    "What scares us is I think we needed violence."
    http://reddragons40k.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast