BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    That said, there are a few valid complaints. Basically, where an army doesn't manage to deliver on what it's supposed to be about, it's pretty frustrating. For example: it's not that the Blood Angels are a bad army. You can build a lot of great lists with the Blood Angels army book. What's frustrating is that the Blood Angels just aren't as good at assaulting as they are supposed to be. Assault marines will not win a fight with a decent assault force. Sanguinary guard are too expensive and the units are too small to field in force. Vanguard veterans are awesome, but while their drop-and-assault trick is great for disrupting your opponent's plans, it isn't powerful enough to get past their fundamental lousiness.

The Blood Angels are supposed to be the close combat 3+ army, and they just aren't. They can win fist fights with Guard or Tau - sometimes with Eldar, if you choose your target - but that's it. Chaos, Orks, and 'Nids all have the tools to categorically outclass them, and it's often really disheartening.
    BA can bring Assault units with FnP, Death Company IS devastating. The get access to a highly mobile and survivable flyer-unit wich can deliver a assualt unit and a dread to almost any place. They have fast transport (inkl. fanzy discounts), can drop raiders, have preds, that can shoot all weapons on the run. And i am sure i miss someting else. Terminators with FNP in Raiders for example.

Otherwise you can spam jumppacks to overload the enemy an then get into it.

But: Rhinos are meh, even if the are fast, dreads are meh only 3 HPs, vulnarabel to meltabombs/grenades, jumptroops are meh (they die like servos without jumppacks), death guys are meh, because they are so expensiv with packs ....

If you want, you can run your BA very assaulty. Soften up that orkmob, vindcate thet bossmob (you have 30" vindies) and assualt the rest, flame that eldars and bolter them befor you hammer-of-wrath-them.

In 5th BA have their hightime, but they were played shooty as hell, never assualt-oriented. No it the shooty editon but they can aussault too and have the right tools.
    Peace through superior Firepower!

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    Not sure if this counts, but i always wished you could do "all canoptek" necron armies. hopefully they'll focus on that aspect in the next update.
    No, that counts! I'd also consider an all Genestealer army if that option ever became available again...
    Visit my war gaming blog at: lookoutsir.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    I wish that my psyker-mastery race didn't have to flopping roll for psychic powers at the beginning of the game.

/thread.
    This. I actually like the psychic system, including the random bits, but if there is one thing eldar should be able to do is remove that one piece of randomness from their gameplay. Because they are THE psychic masters of the 40k universe (Tzeentch notwithstanding).
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus View Post
    No, that counts! I'd also consider an all Genestealer army if that option ever became available again...
    I'm really hoping they'll bring back the "old" wraiths but make them a new unit, that can be made a troops choice. Make it a duel kit with a variant unit for elites - and put out an HQ and it's pretty much sorted. I guess they'll be one of the last 6th edition codex books - but considering how fast things are moving now, that shouldnt be more than a couple of years now.

Yeah, I liked the all-genestealer armies - they need to put out a proper kit for Ymrgl's though, and a broodlord more like that space hulk one...

/OCD when it comes to 40k/
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Librarian

If there was a way to "recton" or just delete the GK's new fluff (or at least 1/2 of it) then that's my biggest wish.
    -I know Psycannons got better, but i miss the two shot system, either Assault 18 inches or Heavy 36. This gave the gun a bit more special feel for me, and really gave that "stands out from the rest" shine that Grey Knights have, as well as adding to their long range firepower.
    - Give back the Nemesis weapons +2 strength characteristic, and have Hammerhand not stackable. Adjust model point costs to reflect.
    - Give more options for inquisitors, an inquisition force outside of Coteaz requirements would be nice. Allied IG is great and all, but currently your forced to take a squad of Grey knights as well.
    - Storm Shields on Paladins/Terminators.... I know people will complain it's broken, but it would be Epic. And, each Paladin would pretty much be a SM Captain in points cost so a full unit would only be playable above 1,500 points...
    - Give back WS 5 to all GK's.

I agree alot with Mr. Pickelz.
    I do like my armies to reflect the fluff. Currently GK is lacking badly. Note that i do not wish to overpower the army, so the points would most definately have to go up.. by how much, its really irrelevant for now..

Melee
    -Increase the WS across the board on grey knights. "Best of the best" does not quite feel like it with the statline of 4's..
    - Gigantic stormshield option for the N Dreadknight.

Ranged
    -I would like to see Mr.Pickelz take on psycannons expanded to all weapons, with a twist.
    All guns would have a characteristic alteration based on warpcharge points use (most likely with the need to use psychic test at the shooting phase):

-- Psycannons: Increase the range of the weapon by 12" for each warpcharge point used
    -- Heavy Psycannon: Increase the number of shots by 1 (for total of Heavy 2, large blast), when warpcharge is used.
    -- Psilencers: Total revamp of the functionality. AP1, Strength (shooters ld, compared against targets ld), -1 to targets ld for every warpcharge spent (deny the witch against wound allocated from the shot)
    -- Incinerators: Add +6" range for first warp charge spent, maybe make either ap3 or rending if 2 warp charges were used (in addition for the +6").
    -- Heavy Incinerator:
    -- Stormbolters or possibly any bolter(with psybolts): possibility to choose from effects (or stack based on warpcharges used in squad), 1 WP= +1str, 2 WP = rending (in addition to +1str), OR then use 1 wp and choose either +1 str or rending .

This would mean that the HQ:s warp charge points would have to be included in the total pool of the squad. This would greatly increase the general theme of "GK HQ's main role is to support the force".

That would definately give them unique twist, with enough specialiced function centered around the idea "every member are psyker and every piece of wargear psycho-reactive.

General
    -I would like the named HQs be done in a way that they are actually worth taking instead of normal captain/grand master. Also add some of the
    great fluffy characters from the lore (hyperion for excample)

/EDIT: Oh, and True Grit(ish) skill, giving +1A from stormbolters (possibly limit to swords - but this was my original idea before i wanted to expand the psycho reactive wargear to defensive skills as well, given below).

And the one i intended to include, but forgot:
    Defensive
    Using warpcharge to boost power armor / terminator armor ornate wards to grant +1 to invulnerable save (6+ if no inv save present). Possibility to use only 1 warpcharge at a time, but swords enhance / augment this with further +1 (meaning termies would forego their offensive powers and weapon loadout for 3++ save in cc and 4++ in the open And power armors would get the 4++ in cc and 5++ in the open (with swords)
    Last edited by Wildcard; 08-17-2013 at 04:44 PM.

Veteran-Sergeant

I wish my eldar could get out of their tanks a little faster. It would aslo be nice if they had the same webway options their Dark and Corsair brethern have.

Brother-Captain

Ever since 6th came out I've heard a ton of whining to accompany my cheese and focaccia bread, mostly about how "assault is dead" or "assault has been totally nerfed". In the spirit of debate, I disagree. Rather than assault being nerfed, shooting simply got a buff -- and so did assault. The only reason people say that assault has been nerfed is because they have never had to truly face a large amount of opposition in the long-range part of the game - until now.

Firstly, let's look at what they did with shooting that increased the strengths of ranged weaponry. The first example would naturally be "Overwatch," where a unit that is being charged by an enemy unit can release a rushed salvo of shots at BS1. In my opinion this was something that I always felt was missing from previous editions of Warhammer 40K. We're in the future, sci-fi, and we've got guns. If someone comes around a corner, screaming at you and wielding a giant cleaver the size of your chest, your first instinct is not going to be "put down my gun and pull out my own sword". No. Not at all. You're first instinct is going to be to spray as much lead and las fire into the general direction of this screaming mad man that wants to chop you up into sushi. Units fire at BS1, so it's not a nerf to assault, but simply a buff to shooting.

Secondly, we have the "random charge distance" of 2D6 inches. Again, people seem to have misinterpreted this as a nerf to assault. Heck no! This is a giant buff! You get to assault up to 12"! That's friggen ridiculous! Cavalry and bike units are able to now get across a board and assault in turn one! NOTHING COULD DO THAT BEFORE!

(*falls out of chair, gets up, coughs, returns to seat*)

Hmm, but yes - as I was saying: it's a huge buff to assault. You can assault further and get into assault faster. So what if you have to roll and you occasionally get a combined roll of 2 or 3 inches -- your statistical average of the most likely number to be gotten when rolling 2D6 is a 7. I'll take that over the old guaranteed 6" assault range any day.

Thirdly, we have the new special rule changes that were made for "Rage." No longer am I able to lead a squad of Death Company on a goose-chase with a Chimera simply because it's the closest enemy model and they have to chase it because they are Angry Marines! Instead, they have +2 attacks on the charge and are totally intelligible enough to pick a target and run at it until they're close enough to turn it into mince meat or rubble. Another buff to assault if there was one.

Fourth, close combat weapons are now more deadly than ever. AP3 for power weapons, and new special rules like "Concussive" and "Blind" for other weapon types and units (deep striking is awesome with Blind)...there really isn't a downside to these things. Not only can you get into assault faster, further, and swing more - you're also going to be that much more deadly due to the weapon in your hand.

Assault is nerfed? Assault is dead? No. Far from it. The old version of assault where you got to charge across an open field and made it to the other side -- that assault is over. The new assault where you have to not be a numb-skull, use cover to your advantage, and think tactically in order to not try and reenact the Charge of the Light Brigade every game -- that assault is well and alive.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcard View Post
    I agree alot with Mr. Pickelz.
    I do like my armies to reflect the fluff. Currently GK is lacking badly. Note that i do not wish to overpower the army, so the points would most definately have to go up.. by how much, its really irrelevant for now..

Melee
    -Increase the WS across the board on grey knights. "Best of the best" does not quite feel like it with the statline of 4's..
    - Gigantic stormshield option for the N Dreadknight.

Ranged
    -I would like to see Mr.Pickelz take on psycannons expanded to all weapons, with a twist.
    All guns would have a characteristic alteration based on warpcharge points use (most likely with the need to use psychic test at the shooting phase):

-- Psycannons: Increase the range of the weapon by 12" for each warpcharge point used
    -- Heavy Psycannon: Increase the number of shots by 1 (for total of Heavy 2, large blast), when warpcharge is used.
    -- Psilencers: Total revamp of the functionality. AP1, Strength (shooters ld, compared against targets ld), -1 to targets ld for every warpcharge spent (deny the witch against wound allocated from the shot)
    -- Incinerators: Add +6" range for first warp charge spent, maybe make either ap3 or rending if 2 warp charges were used (in addition for the +6").
    -- Heavy Incinerator:
    -- Stormbolters or possibly any bolter(with psybolts): possibility to choose from effects (or stack based on warpcharges used in squad), 1 WP= +1str, 2 WP = rending (in addition to +1str), OR then use 1 wp and choose either +1 str or rending .

This would mean that the HQ:s warp charge points would have to be included in the total pool of the squad. This would greatly increase the general theme of "GK HQ's main role is to support the force".

That would definately give them unique twist, with enough specialiced function centered around the idea "every member are psyker and every piece of wargear psycho-reactive.

General
    -I would like the named HQs be done in a way that they are actually worth taking instead of normal captain/grand master. Also add some of the
    great fluffy characters from the lore (hyperion for excample)

/EDIT: Oh, and True Grit(ish) skill, giving +1A from stormbolters (possibly limit to swords - but this was my original idea before i wanted to expand the psycho reactive wargear to defensive skills as well, given below).

And the one i intended to include, but forgot:
    Defensive
    Using warpcharge to boost power armor / terminator armor ornate wards to grant +1 to invulnerable save (6+ if no inv save present). Possibility to use only 1 warpcharge at a time, but swords enhance / augment this with further +1 (meaning termies would forego their offensive powers and weapon loadout for 3++ save in cc and 4++ in the open And power armors would get the 4++ in cc and 5++ in the open (with swords)

...*pulls out bolt pistol and aims with a quivering hand*

"QUICK! SOMEONE GET THE COPS! I'VE FOUND MATT WARD WEARING THE SKIN OF ANOTHER!"

Nah, but in all seriousness, the GK don't need any of these kinds of buffs. They're already really awesome. People just need to stop using the same old lists from 5th edition and learn to be more varied in competing with the new armies coming out in 6th. Also, if they ever gave the Dreadknight a stormshield option - I'd expend all my savings to buy a ticket, fly to Manchester, find Matt Ward or whoever put in the edit, and punch them in the face, then walk away.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Librarian

My intention with the changes to GK's is bring them back a little to the DH codex from 3rd Ed. Which had the GK's as a good stand alone Astartes "chapter" that didn't fit with any other SM book (Ultra's, SW, BA, BT, DA)
    With the current profile of the Psycannon, but changing the range bands and shots back to older version the Gun would give it a more special feel, to me at least. And, having it ignore invulnerable saves would just be "icing on the cake".
    Especially with the changes to armor saves and invul save dependency with the new Daemons and CSM book.

I am one of the people that feel the Assault Phase has been nerfed (not dead, just weaker), with the main reason being that Shooting's buffs out plays Assault's under 6th ed. However, this isn't the thread to speak on "Assault Phase vs. Shooting Phase".

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast