BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Brother-Captain

I'm just waiting to see them reduce the Brettonnian men-at-arms 16-man box down to a 10-man box like they did with the Empire state troops. Money grubbing....[CANNOT REVEAL DUE TO CHILDREN]...and then I'd smack 'em and crush 'em beneath my boot. Where was I again?
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Librarian

Actually i would love to see them drop peasants and become knights only! If i wanted the grubby little peasants i would have played empire!!! i havent played too much in 8th but it is so frustrating to have your lances just do nothing and get stuck it because the other guy paid less for his 100-ct blob than i did for my lance
    The Dark Angels, The Emperor's First, and Finest!
    A moment of Laxity spawns a lifetime of Heresy

Someone on Warseer is claiming Bretonnians are scheduled for an April release, don't think they have a track record as far as rumours go so take it with the usual dose of salt.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Aenir View Post
    Actually i would love to see them drop peasants and become knights only! If i wanted the grubby little peasants i would have played empire!!! i havent played too much in 8th but it is so frustrating to have your lances just do nothing and get stuck it because the other guy paid less for his 100-ct blob than i did for my lance
    We don't send our peasants to fight, we have properly trained and equipped soldiers, not like that rabble you frog eaters call an army. I'm expecting bret cav to get a big boost, it seems daft that empire cav are better than them. Though I can't wait until the trebs get nerfed, those things are horrific.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Occuli Imperator

I spent ages working out the heraldry for Brets then I realised that no one plays fantasy locally and my painting track record isn't good enough to have such a vanity project
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    We don't send our peasants to fight, we have properly trained and equipped soldiers, not like that rabble you frog eaters call an army. I'm expecting bret cav to get a big boost, it seems daft that empire cav are better than them. Though I can't wait until the trebs get nerfed, those things are horrific.
    Dont be daft man! They are all peasants! Some have armor some have large two handed swords others are robed maniacs throw themselves on enemy weapons but all are peasants one and the same! Only a man with the highest ideals on honor and chivalry can be a proper nobleman and only that if he is astride a fine brettonian steed, lance in one hand , the lady's favor in the other! Huzzah Brettonia!!!
    The Dark Angels, The Emperor's First, and Finest!
    A moment of Laxity spawns a lifetime of Heresy

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    All about the Lance formation.

To be honest, I would be at all surprised if Bret Cavalry gets some kind of impact hits on the charge. After all, a column of heavy horse is going to make a mess with its sheer impact long before the riders make with the stabby!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Not sure on the impact hits. I mean it makes sense, but then surely all cav would have it, especially monstrous cav. Allowing everyone in the unit to attack makes more sense and maybe a rule about removing enemy rank bonuses or steadfast as the lance formation punches deep into the heart of the formation would work better from a fluff POV.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Would also make them way to easy to play with.

They're not far off being 'point and click' as is. The cavalry should of course be well hard, but not the point where all they need to do is just charge.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

It was always going to be one of the problems they had to overcome when they changed the rules mechanics to heavily favour ranked up infantry. It isn't so much of a problem with armies like Empire or WoC where cav is hard but has never been the core of their army. Brets live and die by their cav and how to fix them has been a challenge from day on of 8th. If there are rumours of release windows going around, it would seem that they have found a way of doing so. I'm interested to know what they have come up with.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast