BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Quote Originally Posted by Mondayshero View Post
    when it comes to "Monster-Hammering" Brettonia, I expect that the Grail Reliquae will become a huge "chariot" and if there are any monsters added, it will be as mounts for the Sorceresses (being from an Isle that sits outside of the world.)
    I would expect the Grail Reliquae to the large kit for Brets. A good choice too since most players never used it and don't have the old model. Seems like every army has some sort of mobile shrine these days.
    www.ancientcitycon.com June 18-20, 2014 Jacksonville, FL

Purely for a variety (or flexibility if you want to justify in gaming terms, which I don't) I'd give them two new infantry units

Dismounted Questing Knights. Same as the existing QKs but sans horse. These guys are supposed to have taken a vow of poverty or some such nonsense. The horse, not the lance, is the ultimate symbol of wealth in the medieval world. I think dismounted represents them better and gives a heavy infantry unit.

Some kind of Men at Arms unit, not the existing peasant rabble (whom I would rename as Peasant Levies); The new unit would represent a force of professional soldiery maintained at the Lord's expense. Possiby light armour, shield and spear or hand weapon. I'd also make the grail reliquea more like the skaven screaming bell and have it pushed by the new men at arms unit (not the old peasants though).

I'd make changes to the KotR kit, a couple of different horse poses (currently only two) multi-posable knights as well would be nice.

And can we have some of the old characters back? Suleiman Le Saracen was awesome!

Don't ask me how I'd change the rules though, I'm a painter/collector primarily so I'm not really that knowledgeable about the rules so can't really come up with good ideas. I still want to see a bias towards mounted knights but I'd like to see the above for a bit of variety and also to allow different "themes" of army to be created (I'm trying to make a crusaders style army which isn't easy with the limited model range available). And yes, I realise this is wish-listing.
    Last edited by onlyonepinman; 09-20-2013 at 02:01 AM.

Battle-Brother

I think the easiest fix for me would be some kind of initiative bonus on a lance charge,(i don't care how nimble you are mister elf a couple of tons of angry horse just ran over you), that and now your only over running 3d6 pick the highest rather than 3d6, a lance of more than 9 knights becomes a probable flank charge if you don't roll 10 or more, and a lance less than 12 is unlikely to break the unit with steadfast making it's presence felt. I don't really know what you would do sort out men at arms is probably my biggest gripe (here's a shield, no you may not use it in close combat ward saves are for knights only peasant, except for those slightly scary ones wearing my ancestor.) I've said this before but what i really want is to write a list and not go "right i need grail knights for the I5 so something can hit first in combat"

All the rumours mention that dwarfs and wood elves will be the last books updated before 9th edition hits the shelves next year . However after looking around online I discovered that most the bretonnion army has been removed from sale , I know they were trying to sell off the metal stock (apparently) but I think they will be updated soonish,I mean the army REQUIRES you to have a paladin and you can no longer buy it .....lol

Chapter-Master

A lack of stock is usually a good indicator that new models are in the pipeline. How imminent that makes them, I have no idea. A few chaps at the recent Battle Brothers tournament were saying they had heard rumours Brets will be in the next starter set, though make of that what you will.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

and prior to the rather dubious rumors about Wood Elves being the last army book for 8th the rumors pointed to Bretonnians being the last book. Now, the rumor about Brets was just as dubious at least because there were no specifics beyond, "After Dwarfs, but before 9th".

If rumors are any indication, the starter will be Empire vs. Orcs. Although I admit I'm holding out for Bretonnians vs. Beastmen.
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chronowraith View Post
    If rumors are any indication, the starter will be Empire vs. Orcs.
    Oh god no please the last thing we need is more incompetent Orc players...

Quote Originally Posted by onlyonepinman View Post
    Purely for a variety (or flexibility if you want to justify in gaming terms, which I don't) I'd give them two new infantry units
    Also Hemalots (sp?) or Hooded Men, Outlaws who steal from the rich and give to the poor. you can even have Bertrand the Brigand and the Bowmen of Bergerac as a SC upgrade.

Maybe have A Hooded One as a Hero choice to allow the option of an all Peasant army...

Chapter-Master

An all peasant army would be hilarious. Crap, but hilarious.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Not if you have enough of them. Enough of anything crap can be effective just as and Night Goblin or Imperial Guard player...

"Quantity has a Quality all of its own." - Stalin

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345