BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Seriously? Exo-armour for exo-armour? What possible tactical purpose does that serve?
    The same as painting your armour bright blue, having more gold bling Will.I.Am in that stupid "Scream and Shout" video, and carrying that well known weapon used by all modern militaries - the sword?

I don't know if you know this, but 40K is pretty unrealistic...
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by RGilbert26 View Post
    This won't happen - the reason for Dire Avengers becoming five is due to all of the other Aspects being '5', if Dire Avengers were new then they would have arrived as 5.
    all other aspects are not 5, they are 6. 5 plus exarch, which is really friggen anoying.

First-Captain

5 plus exarch is not so bad... Warp Spiders are 4 plus Exarch, and that's what really sucks... but we digress...

Veteran-Sergeant

either way sucks, you eaith buy two boxes for 82 friggen dollars and not have enough or have a few left overs. I hope plastic Aspects are inbound soon.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by ozybonza View Post
    "DA get flak missles? OMG DA are teh_winzors"!!!

"Warptalons have lightning claws as STANDARD!?!?!?!? WTF GW is broken I quit, time for warmachine!"
    Oh the irony. Warp talons are generally regarded as less than satisfactory and the heldrake was seen as useless when it arrived and now it's a staple in a lot of builds.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    The tactical box was released in 1998, none of the other plastic kits are that old. I think the plastic Guardian set was released in 2006 in comparison.
    Well, the timing's a little different - the majority of the Eldar plastic kit dates back to their 3rd Edition Codex (1999), and were only repackaged with a plastic heavy weapons platform in late 4th (2006). Similarly, the current plastic Marine kit is mostly made up of bits first introduced in the 3rd Ed boxed set (1998), but got a new command/special/heavy weapons sprue in either the 4th (2004) or 5th (2008) Edition of their Codex - can't remember which. Short story being, they're both pretty old, though still very solid kits.

I'd actually put my money on the Space Marine kit remaining mostly the same, while being repackaged with either an entirely re-made command/specials sprue that contains the Gravity weapons, or a whole new sprue that contains both the Gravity weapons and the HPG/Heavy Bolter/Multi-Melta that are currently only available in the Devastators box.

I'd love it if the new big armor kit ended up looking like those old Games Day sketches - bone_pone's description of chest-mounted weaponry and drills replacing the arms squares better with the Chaos Marine aesthetic, to my mind. Marine weaponry should stay either shoulder-mounted, hand-held, or hand-like.
    Last edited by Lexington; 08-04-2013 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravingbantha View Post
    all other aspects are not 5, they are 6. 5 plus exarch, which is really friggen anoying.
    Cleary you missed the '5' in my post.

Anyway..
    I have a blog, check it out :P - http://forthegloryofgorkandmork.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/tau-xv8-02-commander.html - just updated my blog 11/04/13

It doesn't matter what other armies did or didn't get. Something like 75% of players have a marine army or marine derived army (even if it isn't their primary army). So launching a new set that is the backbone of their bread and butter line would be a no brainer.

You can't judge if new additions (or hell, existing options) are balanced until we have point costs and availability, not to mention mechanics.

I for one look forward to the other chapters getting a little more love. Ravenguard! (I don't really play marines anymore, but my first chapter was a Raven successor.)

While the core designs are the same, the Space Marine Tactical box was retooled and upgraded with more bits in around 2004, for what it's worth.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'nSmurfs View Post
    While the core designs are the same, the Space Marine Tactical box was retooled and upgraded with more bits in around 2004, for what it's worth.
    they only jiggled the sprue and added the accessory bits though.... hardly a re release or major upgrade. more purity seals and underpants untucked from the front of power armour (that useless half tabard) are not an upgrade

space wolves have had more core plastic sets than generic SM

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast