BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Default Codex: Space Marine rumours

Quote Originally Posted by Best_Pone
    Up for release in September is the new Codex: Space Marines.

- There will be 7 Ltd Ed varients. 6 of these will be covers for First Founding chapters, whilst the 7th will have Black Templars on the cover.

- New weapon family: Grav weapons. I believe these wound against the armour save (so terminators would be wounded as if they had a toughness of 2).

- First Founding chapters will be getting a substantial section each to themselves, so hopefully this can be looked as as Codex: Space Marines instead of Codex: Ultramarines. This will also show in a rule called Chapter Tactics, for which the effects depend on the chapter being played.

- There is a new armour type that at first glance looks to be somewhere between a terminator and a dreadnought - looking more closely, it appears to go over the marine's power armour however.
    - This new armour can be armed in 2 ways, depending on the user. The devastator version has either a bolter array or missile launchers mounted on the chest armour, whilst the gauntlets can be armed with heavy bolters, lascannons or grav cannons. The assault version has a bolter array or frag launchers mounted on the chest armour, with assault drills mounted on the gauntlets.

- There are 2 new AA tanks. One tank veterans will already be familiar with as the Hunter, armed an AA missile launcher. The other tank mounts 2 tri-barreled turrets instead.

- There is a new tactical squad. Lots of options as you'd expect, but of particular interest will probably be the grav pistol and grav rifle.

- A new plastic Sternguard veteran squad.

- A new plastic Vanguard veteran squad.

- New plastic characters: a captain, a librarian and a chaplain.
    Best_pone has been spot on with all his rumours to date.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

New plastic tacticals AND plastic veterans would make me one hell of a happy Captain.

Do we think that the new armour will be a Techmarine thing? I'd love it if it were.

Any word on the author as yet?
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeee.

The Fire Angels are getting reinforcements. xD

As for a Codex cover, which would I go with...?
    Raven Guard I expect. Maybe.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

First-Captain

I WANT TO BELIEVE.

IRON HANDS...ASSEMBLE!

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

So we're back to 5th? With chaos and dark angels being overall bland an boring and everything after being largely made of imagination run riot....

I mean the bloody technophobes are consatly getting funky new weaponry and chaos still cant figure out how to design anything for termies that isnt a flamethrower or a small cannon.....despite all the background giving them a plethora of unique gear
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by energongoodie View Post
    I WANT TO BELIEVE.

IRON HANDS...ASSEMBLE!
    Me and you are going to have an Iron-hands-gasm...!!! Could it be that we get to ACTUALLY use our Iron Hands as Iron Hands??? :S :O

I expect it will look something like this:

Plastic Tactical box
    Sternguard/Vanguard box
    AA tank box dual build box
    New plastic armour mark box
    Plastic characters

So four plastic boxes and some characters, not as large an influx of plastic as it first appears. Also to be frank a new plastic tactical squad is welcome, the last box I bought for my FSMs had some significant mouldlines and has really been eclipsed by later releases.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I expect it will look something like this:

Plastic Tactical box
    Sternguard/Vanguard box
    AA tank box dual build box
    New plastic armour mark box
    Plastic characters

So four plastic boxes and some characters, not as large an influx of plastic as it first appears. Also to be frank a new plastic tactical squad is welcome, the last box I bought for my FSMs had some significant mouldlines and has really been eclipsed by later releases.
    Well, if they were going to update any old plastic troops boxset - it was always going to be tactical marines. It sort of makes sense, considering the poor quality with mould-lines and I expect they'll want to provide all the options too (possibly to stop 3rd parties?). I assume the Stern/vanguard is a duel kit as well. Hope the tanks are something new rather than just another rhino/land-raider variant (those bore me personally).

Tactical Squad has been around for 15 years, so I'd say its due a rework.

But as ever, I'll believe it when I see it.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Best_pone has been accurate with everything he has posted so far so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Obviously always need to take it all as speculative until GW announce it or photos are leaked.

Tactical marines were the first of the then new generation of multi-part plastics, not surprising they get a revamp even leaving aside how popular Marines are.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast