BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Would you buy an updated version of your codex?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - I like having the correct rules in the book instead of a paper printout.

7 25.93%
  • No - I'd rather not have 2 copies of the codex.

20 74.07%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Librarian

Default Would you buy a rev1.1 of your codex?

With errata and FAQ's coming out soon after Codex releases (except Eldar) would you buy a reprint that included all of the updates?
    Some other companies do this. While I don't think GW would, I for one would drop another $50 for the same codex, but with the included errata, FAQ, and typos fixed.
    This would also be an incentive to sell the digital versions and they do get updated for free.

Chapter-Master

I don't want to spend $50 on a codex in the first place.

If they included more than just the FAQ updates (updating the rules to balance out the crappy/overpowered units, and adding a few units, wargear, and options), then I would consider it for the price of the old paperback codices.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chaplain

For what they charge for a codex down here, I'd much rather they got it right in the first place.
    As it is, it's a choice between a new army book or new miniatures - and I'll take the minis.

If it means not being able to play this edition, then so be it. I don't care. I sat out 2nd, I can do it again.

Battle-Brother

Might be willing to buy an updated codex in digital format, but no way I am spending $50 more for the same product with only one to two pages worth of changed information. Spending $0.30 cents to print out the FAQ will do just fine.

Maybe if they sold the updated bits on those high-quality, no-damage stickers? Wouldn't want to rebuy those damn hardcovers, though.

Chapter-Master

Nope, not when I pay $83 AUD for the original book. They should add any changes through FAQs or free online PDFs, the codexes are ridiculously over-priced as it is.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Chaplain

Yep, I'd pay. This is my hobby. 'Nuff said.
    "I have seen what you will see. I have fought what you must fight, and I have slain what you must slay...." Commander Dante

Chaplain

I've voted no to buying a second hard copy of the codex but I am very tempted by the digital copies (non ios), especially if they get updated with any FAQs

Chapter-Master

I disagree with the question, as its loaded.

You ask if you'd buy a second copy because the first one is wrong. In 99% of cases, its not that a rule is wrong, its that its worded in a way that isn't 100% clear. Most the FAQ's are wording rule issues, there are very few real "changes" to the rules.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Nope. Absolutely not.

E-Codecies are updated for free with each errata. Hard copies? Just print off the errata and FAQ to carry around with you.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast