BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Fly Lord

Default Why Does Facebook Love Warhammer Cosplay?

I have no idea exactly why Facebook responds 5x to 10x to Warhammer cosplay pictures over news, editorials and rumor - but it does...

Like clockwork...

I'm almost considering a wargaming cosplay subforum - but that kinda scares me as well...

Maybe just a new section in the gallery... maybe

-Larry
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

I'd imagine that a picture of somebody in a crazy costume is going to have a far greater chance of getting shared on Facebook than any other Warhammer related item. Everybody knows what Halloween is and can relate on some level.

I think Cosplay in general is more popular than people realize. I've seen 40K cosplays reblogged on tumblr by people who have no regular interest in 40K just because they thought the outfits were really well done.
    I'm thinking it'd probably turn out more like Daleks playing Quiddich. "It is the Potter!! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! " (someone I know on twitter)

Cosplay is becoming increasingly popular and speaking personally it give you a great sense of connection with your favourite settings.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Cosplay is becoming increasingly popular and speaking personally it give you a great sense of connection with your favourite settings.
    Ya till the guys find out 90% of the female Cosplays don't even know what they are dressed as and just wanted attention.
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Which isn't true and wouldn't matter if it were.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by White Tiger88 View Post
    Ya till the guys find out 90% of the female Cosplays don't even know what they are dressed as and just wanted attention.
    What?
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by White Tiger88 View Post
    Ah, the "fake gamer girl" stance! I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.

(In all seriousness, you're making a pretty huge judgement about thousands of people based on a couple of stereotypes. Please reconsider!)

Not to mention even if they don't know who the character is, it doesn't matter. Encourage them to learn about it or just let them explore their interests in their own way. Getting cranky with them certainly isn't going to encourage them to explore their geekiness.

...are you saying people are allowed to wear outfits and costumes they enjoy the appearance of without knowing the precise history behind it?

Heresy.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast