BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deathwing List

Default Deathwing List

OK....need some help. Building a 2250 double FOC. Need some help deciding if I take a lot of just terminators or do I take a mix of Termies, dreads, and landraiders?

Hi Brian

A mix of terminators, dreads and landraiders sounds good, particularly if you put the dreads in drop pods.

Can I ask though, are you going to use Belial or Azrael to make the Deathwing troops, and have you considered using some Ravenwing to give your Deathwing assault some Teleport Homers?

I was planning on using Belial, I have not had much luck using a doublewing list

That makes sense, Doublewing works best with Azrael or a ravenwing dominant list. I think provided you use crusader or redeemer land raiders, and outfit the dreads for short range and assaulting, you'll be fine. Terminator only lists I've found to be vulnerable the turn they come in from deathwing assault, and when you only have 20 or 30 models on the field, any losses can be hard to recover from.

Veteran-Sergeant

yea, mixing leads to a hard to balance list. plus with a deathwing only balial's arrival can be clutch and save points as no needs for landraider for his squad. I have seen some mean terminator lists with 2-3 landraiders with termies, I hink dreads would be a good addition thanks to drop podding in and multimeltaing scary thinks liek battlewagons with deffrollas

Librarian

death wing with a mix of other units in supporting roles from raiders to dreads to a possible hidden tac squad those make it so that your termies can focus on crushing face up field and leave the rear to the grunts.

Veteran-Sergeant

Belial himself comes with a teleport homer (although can't be used on the turn he comes down) and himself and unit does not scatter. If you are taking him then you are paying for convenience of not having to use bikes.

Veteran-Sergeant

i have had pritty good luck with my deathwing just marching them across the bord in a knot (not too tight) but i do take an unforgiven unit to hold objictives that they have cleared and for a huge part people spend alot of time trying to kill my term units so it allows the 1 to 3 sqds of unforgiven that i bring along to move and do what they do with a lvl of immunity this is a great way to take objectives but it can give you a hard time in annihilation just cus of the low model count
    "There's too many men, too many people, Making too many problems,
    And not much love to go round, Can't you see this is a land of confusion?"

Chapter-Master

Unforgiven?
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Veteran-Sergeant

regular darkangels spacemarins
    "There's too many men, too many people, Making too many problems,
    And not much love to go round, Can't you see this is a land of confusion?"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast