BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Battle-Brother

Default BatRep Tau vs Eldar 1750

The always peacful Eldar of the Saim Hann craftworld defend themselves against the invasive Tau Empire.

Pretty Eldar... The painted ones at least

Battle-Brother

Thanks, I'm trying to get the whole army painted. 10K of Saim Hann is no small order...

First-Captain

I wish I could see more, but watching video on my phone is annoying. One phone call disrupts it and I have to start from scratch.

Have no ideal who won, but looking at the Tau list I think riptides would had been better than stealth suits.

Personally don't like the huge marker drone squad. I think it's not that good since it does not have split fire.

Anyway I would like to comment on the report and I think it's pretty much the best video report I ever saw to date. I usually do not comment on the video reports, but I will do here since I think the comments will improvethe experance and you will probably get more viewers due to the comments.

I only heard two issues that slightly bothered me while listening. If they wasn't present I would had enjoyed the experance even more. Again I am trying to give feedback to make your presentation better. It's obvious you put a lot of time and effort into your work.

1. Just talk normal. Your normal talking voice is pleasing to listen to. When you change how you talk for suspense it doesn't work. I don't know if it is timing or what. I would reconmend you just use your normal voice and tone.

2. Cut down on the laughing. You laugh like every 3rd comment. It comes off like a fake laughing to be laughing. It's really annoying. The laugh is ok once in awhile. If you wiped out the stealth suits and you used it I wouldn't had mind. I think cuting down on the frequency or using something else in place of the laugh would had worked.

An example is the Austin Powers Bad Guy laugh. He does it to the almost point of annoying. If he does it more it would be annoying. It usually a que to let us know how awesome his plan is an than they usually cut from him to austin at that point. He doesn't do it like every 3rd sentence.

An example:

I have lasers that can do x.
    My plan is to do x.
    I will stop his y.
    Than we get a full concept of plan than comes evil laugh, it's not used that much which makes it work.

Battle-Brother

lol, constructive criticism is always welcome, I laugh because well... I'm trying to remember what happened...

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by KBelleau View Post
    lol, constructive criticism is always welcome, I laugh because well... I'm trying to remember what happened...
    Cool. I just didn't want you to take it the wrong way. I think you have a good product that's all.

Oh man his laugh is like the best part. I'm pretty sure I like watching his painting vids just for that nice soothing tone .

Personally I thought the video was very well done and was even posted in a higher res than the regular miniwargamer ones. Personally I prefer bat reps that actually show everything that happen instead of just recaps (I like seeing all the rolls and such) but since there aren't a lot of those I'm probably in the minority. Anyways since I just started Eldar myself I'm always happy to see more Eldar bat reps (and my main opponent plays Tau too) so keep up the good work Kris!

Quote Originally Posted by KBelleau View Post
    The always peacful Eldar of the Saim Hann craftworld defend themselves against the invasive Tau Empire.

Very cool report! What editing/production software do you use for video?
    www.ancientcitycon.com June 18-20, 2014 Jacksonville, FL

Battle-Brother

I use Final Cut Pro X.

I enjoyed that. The video quality was very good and your voice is not annoying (most people's are).

I would have preferred a little more detail and a little more footage. Maybe take a couple of minor notes as you play just so you can give more detail later?

But a really nice batrep. I was disappointed that it didn't end properly. I would have given that to the elder as if it carried on it it looked like you had the stronger position. The Tau player really did very little other than hunker down and shoot defensively as far as I could see. Aside from throw away some stealth units!