BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Apocalypse figure case - worth it?

Just taking a look on the limited edition gamers edition of Apocalypse, which comes with a huge pluck foam case.

If you take away the cost of the rulebook, it works out around US$160, which is more expensive than a battlefoam 720 pluck foam load out $150, and only marginally cheaper than a custom foam version of the same case $190.

What are your thoughts on the new apoc figure case? Is it worth it?

Can you afford it? Do you want it?

If yes to both, it is ipso facto worth it.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Iron Father

Not for me I'm afraid, it's not the price that's put me off. I just don't like it. Too over the top for me.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Chapter-Master

In Australia, the answer is yes most definitely. A regular army case is $165. The Apocalypse book is $124. The Gamers' Edition is $270. The 'Vortex' case is twice the size of an army case, though you are only technically paying $146 for it. Given that I've got too many monsters to fit in my cases at the moment - and plan on getting a Hierophant at some point - this is a smart purchase for my buddy and I.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

It works out similarly in pounds: £150 for the Gamer's Edition versus £45 for the rulebook and £123 for a pair of army cases. Colour me pleasantly surprised.

Making the Collector's Edition rulebook A5 size, though... I'm not sure how to feel about that.

Chaplain

So here are the €uros: 200,- for the col. Ed. means 140,- for the box. It is big and all that and a regular GW-Case is 95,- but hell - 95 is way too expansive for a plastic shell?

You want a cool looking case and have not to think twice about spending 200,- € / XXX $ for your hobby? Do it!
    Peace through superior Firepower!

Librarian

It's only worth it, if you plan on or need the extra space, when not in Apoc mode, the case could carry two armies (around 1,500 points each) easily. And for US, it's $175.00'ish for the Case (without book) and Battlefoams stuff would cost around the same, case + foam.

I've never been able to fit an army into a single Army Case... DZC notwithstanding

Chaplain

Hmm I gotta box/case about 80 cm long, 40 deep and 40 high - roundabout (no funky look besides, only black with metal-edges). When it“s filled it will hold roughly all my IW incl. 2 BB-Variants. Its was about 60,- euros or so ...
    Peace through superior Firepower!

I just ordered it, I think it's worth it seeing as how it comes with the book! I usually don't order the limited edition stuff, but I was actually looking around for a case during the past few weeks since I've gotten back into the hobby and have 2 armies now that need storage. It was perfect timing and I'm excited!

I just don't know if I want to arrange it only with the models I have in mind or make room for near-future additions as well...

Does anyone know if any foam that you can buy on it's own from GW or another site will fit in this thing?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast