BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    Nice analogy but it highlights quite well the fallacy in your interpretation.
    Ironically, you're response highlights the flaw in your argument.

You assume that the only possible way to ignore a wound is to save it. Saving throws are the most common means for ignoring wounds, but they are not the only way to do so. FNP is a perfect case in point. It's not a save, but you still discount the wound.

Now, I know you keep arguing that discount doesn't mean what it means. Tynskel's right, apparently quoting the dictionary doesn't really matter. Point is, though: Nuh-uh.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nabterayl View Post
    Sure, because you think there's a difference between a wound that "is" saved and a wound that is "treated" as saved. I don't see the principled distinction you draw between the two, though. Consider:

A hexrifle says, "A model that suffers an unsaved wound from a hexrifle must take a characteristic test" etc. etc. You would say that a model that merely treats a wound as saved still has to take that test.

The basic rule for unsaved wounds (page 15) says, "If [the model] fails [its saving throw], reduce that model's Wounds by 1." You would say that a model that merely treats a wound as saved does not have to reduce its Wounds by 1.

What rule do you articulate that draws that distinction? Can you state it?
    Feel No Pain Page 35 : this is not a saving throw.
    The rule itself uses the term "discounted" rather than "saved".

The rule itself tells us to "treat it as having been saved."

In neither the case of the hexrifle nor the case of a regular wound has the save actually been made. In both cases, we merely "treat" it as having been saved. Why do you think there are two different outcomes?

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

I think we're done here, you can't help someone unwilling to be helped.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    I think we're done here, you can't help someone unwilling to be helped.
    Certainly when telling arguments like "nuh uh" are made

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Magpie,

Treat as SAVED

is about as simple as it gets mate, don't be snarky
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Magpie,

Treat as SAVED

is about as simple as it gets mate, don't be snarky
    "This is not a a saving throw" is even more clear.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Now, I know you keep arguing that discount doesn't mean what it means. Tynskel's right, apparently quoting the dictionary doesn't really matter. Point is, though: Nuh-uh.
    hahah! Yeah, I learned this the hard way on BoLS Lounge...
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Okay, look, daboarder's going to do his usual thing. Nobody's surprised by that.

Do I get an answer? What is the difference between the hexrifle and a regular old wound? In one case we have a wound whose saving throw was failed; in the other we have an "unsaved wound." What is the difference between those two things? In both cases we have a saving throw that was failed. In both cases we "discount" that wound. In both cases we "treat" that wound as "having been saved."
    Last edited by Nabterayl; 06-29-2013 at 05:20 PM.

Librarian

Well , when someone just keeps repeating the same old crap, when it has been proven wrong, you just have to say 'nuh uh'
    Really Dude, buy a clue 'counts as' is a distinction with no difference.
    Certain items and rules 'cound as' something else, like FnP it is not a save but it 'counts as ' a save if it has been made.
    That means it can be taken when a save cannot, but the result is the same.

Your silly *** opinion doesn't mean what you think it does.
    A successful FnP roll is the exact same as a armour (cover, inv.) save, so please stop spouting your 'it's not the same ' crap, because that is what it is....crap

Wow they block...hmmm arse but not crap....Heh
    Last edited by SeattleDV8; 06-29-2013 at 05:19 PM.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast