BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Bloodletters on black

Forgot the hounds:

Last edited by isotope99; 09-16-2013 at 05:28 AM.

Chapter-Master

Damn it i have to go change my shirt from drooling!
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Brother-Captain

Gratz on all the prizes your army won at the Throne of Skulls!
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Thanks, Some army shots on proper terrain

An'ggrath is going to take me a while so I thought I'd do a step by step.

1. Identify light sources and mark out the OSL

Rhinox hide & Khorne red

Veteran-Sergeant

Beautiful army!

I like the army but the OSL is just horrible. Before you get all jumpy, let me explain. The painting is done very well, no complaints there. The whole point of OSL is to make it appear as though the light sources are casting a hue/glow onto the surrounding surfaces. Looking at your models, the OSL is not convincing at all because you have light on surfaces where there shouldn't be or surfaces that are literally right next to the light source yet have no glow at all? Love the army, I really do but I think your light theory could use some work..

Veteran-Sergeant

This army is freaking amazing. Never seen demons look so scary. Can't disagree more with the last poster. This is one of the most impressive armies I've ever seen.
    Check out my army! http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=22717

I'm sure there are plenty of technical flaws but it looks good in the round.

Next steps on an'ggrath

2. Normally I wouldn't paint the flames this early but there are lots on this model and I don't want to forget any - Mephiston red

3. Blend the edges of 1 back to black - Rhinox hide, khorne red, black, watered down a little

4-6. semi-drybrushed coats with increasing amounts of doombull brown - Rhinox hide, khorne red, doombull brown

Quote Originally Posted by NeoBiggs View Post
    I like the army but the OSL is just horrible. Before you get all jumpy, let me explain. The painting is done very well, no complaints there. The whole point of OSL is to make it appear as though the light sources are casting a hue/glow onto the surrounding surfaces. Looking at your models, the OSL is not convincing at all because you have light on surfaces where there shouldn't be or surfaces that are literally right next to the light source yet have no glow at all? Love the army, I really do but I think your light theory could use some work..
    Maybe you could show us some of your convincing OSL Mr NeoBiggs. I'm totally blown away by this army if yours is better think I'd die of a nerdgasm.

Totally awsome work isotope99. The painting and the mods go together to make really impressive army.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast