BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast
    Fly Lord

Default Supplement Codex Rumor Roundup

Supplement Codex Rumor Roundup

This is an ongoing omnibus thread of all existing and rumored Supplemental Codices.

Eldar
    Iyanden (Shipped June 2013)
    Biel-Tan (Q1 2014)
    -Look for Plastic Aspects with this

Tau
    Farsight Enclave (Shipped July 2013)
    Available first as Digital Edition for Android, Kindle, and iBooks. Not in print for three months. DOWNLOAD NOW
    This expansion for Codex: Tau Empire, available for iPad, explores the breakaway Farsight Enclave in greater detail than ever. It contains new background, a timeline of events, rules for using your Tau Empire collection and a glorious gallery of Citadel miniatures painted in the colours of the Farsight Enclave by the 'Eavy Metal team and the Design Studio army painters. This is the perfect compaion for your Tau Empire codex on the iPad.
    Tau Mercenaries (Q1 2014)
    -Look for plastic Vespids and new Kroot HQ.

Chaos Space Marines
    Black Legion (Shipped August 2013)
    Quote Originally Posted by Best_Pone@Warseer
    So, I've heard from a little birdy that Black Legion will be getting the next supplement. No idea if that will be August or not though, seeing as August is a WFB month.
    -August 2013 digital, Physical book later.
    Definitive Background for the Black Legion
    Detailed Timeline of major historical battles and events
    Additional rules (to lead your forces in a Black Crusade)
    Miniatures Gallery
    Reference for special rules and Wargear
    Emperors Children (???)
    Death Guard (???)
    World Eaters (???)
    Thousand Sons (???)
    Alpha Legion (???)
    Iron Warriors (???)
    Word Bearers (???)
    Night Lords (???)

Via Faeit 9-14-2014
    Chaos Space Marines are getting supplements for all of the major traitor legions.

These will be more and more complex as time goes on (as will all supplements) and are ordered based around how much they affect the game/core codex, and not based on anything else primarily.

World Eaters, Thousand Sons, Death Guard, Emperor's Children, Iron Warriors, Alpha Legion, Word Bearers and Night Lords will all get their due treatment and be fleshed out into characterful factions.

Keep in mind that though mono-god Legions are coming, it's very much so desired by essentially everyone, but it's being handled carefully.
    Chaos
    The Book of Khorne (???)
    The Book of Nurgle (???)
    The Book of Tzeentch (???)
    The Book of Slaanesh (???)

- There will be 4 supplements released within short succession, possibly even all at once
    - They will be called "The Book of Khorne", "The Book of Nurgle", "The Book of Tzeentch" and "The Book of Slanesh"
    - They will work for both chaos space marines AND chaos Daemons in a very unique way
    - each will have its own unique warlord traits and some new wargear options

I asked how they work for both codex and the example I was given was something along these lines..
    Each book is designed to represent a combined force of daemon and marine all working in the will of their chosen patron, this will be done by allowing players to take units from BOTH Codex: Chaos Space Marines AND Codex: Chaos Daemons without the need to ally so long as they all follow the same god. For example in the book of khorne you can take any unit from either codex as long as it doesnt have Daemon of nurgle, slaanesh or tzeentch or mark of nurgle, slaanesh or Tzeentch.
    Space Marines
    Divergent Chapter Supplements planned (???)
    These may include chapters ALREADY included in the Space Marine codex to give them further flavor.

Clan Raukaan (Iron Hands November 2013)
    From [URL="http://natfka.blogspot.se/2013/10/november-release-clan-raukaan-iron.html"]here[/URL]:
    Clan Raukaan: A Codex Space Marines Supplement is confirmed now for a November release, as information from the November White Dwarf is just now hitting. This will be huge, as a good percentage of Space Marine players are Iron Hands, or are now building an Iron Hands supplement with the release of the latest Space Marine Codex.
    This is from the November White Dwarf, Clan Raukaan is an Iron Hands codex supplement set for digital release in November. Here are some of the details mentioned
    -Iron Hands companies are named after the clans of Medusa, and Clan Raukaan is the largest of these.
    -Battles vs chapters arch rival- The Slaanesh Prince the Saphire King
    -Rules for fielding Clan Raukaan including the standard;
    Chapter Relics,
    Apocalypse Datasheets,
    Stratagems for Planetstrike, Cities of Death
    Altar of War
    Ultramarines
    Tyrannic War supplement, Company-based like the IF's Sentinels of Terra book.
    Imperial Guard
    Catachans (2014)
    Tallarn (2014)
    Steel Legion (2014)

Orks
    Speed Freaks (???)
    Freebooters (???)

Blood Angels
    Fleshtearers (???)

Tyranids
    Hivefleet Kraken (probably one of the below two)
    -Catachan Devil noted

Hivefleet (Big Bugs - not real title 2014)
    Focuses on Monstrous Creatures. Book adds variant rules for deployment and FOC changes for units like the Carnifex, letting you take them in both Heavy and Elites, plus the ability to operate independently. Hivefleet balances this with some prohibited units, and the inability to go first in any mission.

Hivefleet (Fast Bugs - not real title ???)
    Focuses on high speed fast-moving bugs. FOC changes to emphasize these units such as Gargoyles as Troops, new abilities and special rules for Ravenors, while Gants get minor enhancements as well. This hivefleet is balanced by prohibiting "traditional" walking Monstrous Creatures. A new flying HQ unit is included.

Genestealer Cult (???)
    The first "hybrid supplement" - this book will be a combined book for IG and Tyranids. It allows them to ally, but heavily restricts units selections. Look for smaller "infiltration bugs" such as Genestealers, Broodlords, Lictors and such while the Guard are very heavily restricted on units. The list's HQ must include a psyker warlord from either the IG or Tyranid units allowed. A new psychic power list is included.

Space Wolves
    13th Company (???)

RULES COMPLEXITY
    There are reports that Supplemental codices will become more divergent from their source codex over time and the simpler ones such as Iyanden with its 2 page of rules were released first to "test the waters". Later supplemental codices could contain many more rules varying from book to book.
    Last edited by Bigred; 10-14-2013 at 01:38 PM. Reason: latest stuff added
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Brother-Sergeant

Has Ultramarines been confirmed as a supplement? You cant really get any more Codex Astartes than the Ultramarines how could they possibly need a supplement as well as the base codex.
    "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
    Decimus Iunius Iuvenalis (Juvenal) Satire 6

Quote Originally Posted by Kamin_Majere View Post
    Has Ultramarines been confirmed as a supplement? You cant really get any more Codex Astartes than the Ultramarines how could they possibly need a supplement as well as the base codex.
    The Ultramarines have a ton of background regarding the Battle for Macragge and the other Tyranid Wars. I imagine it would have all that. Not condoning it, just my assumption. Also, due to the Tyranid invasion, they have specialized veteran units and are no longer organized according to the codex, they are much larger.

Brother-Sergeant

Yeah, I suppose that is true... just seems weird to have them like that. I mean they are already the standard that all other marine chapters (at least the ones that follow the CA) are held to because they diverge from it so little if ever
    "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
    Decimus Iunius Iuvenalis (Juvenal) Satire 6

Veteran-Sergeant

I sure hope they do Guard. So many possibilities, all of them cool.
    It takes a big hammer to drive a big nail.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamin_Majere View Post
    Removing much of the Ultramarine centric fluff from the SM Codex would allow for a more balanced presentation. Taking the current SM book, the Ultramarines specific content is pages 12-15, 17-19, 23, 32-40, of 17 pages of fluff. Take that out, and you have room for 17 pages of fluff about marines in general. And you can expand those 17 pages into 30-32 pages in a supplement. Plus warlord traits, relic wargear, and maybe rules to turn sternguard or vanguard into Tyrannic War vets (preferred enemy/hatred Nids) and some new art, and you have an UM book.
    If they add Templars into the main book, limited to the 3 SCs we have now, GW could then do an Imperial Fists book that focuses on the I Fists, Crimson Fists, and Templars with their own traits and relics.

Fly Lord

Early rumors point to the SM codex being "chapter agnostic", and presenting the Astartes as a whole, with lavish sample plates of dozens of chapters, rather than focusing on any one.

Doing it that way lets them do a much higher number of the $40 chapter supplemental codices.

To me the most interesting one is the rumor of an Imperial Fists. My question is would a Black Templars standalone book be necessary, or does it get folded into the IF one. Especially in light of the GW vs CHS case throwing out the Black Templars iconography (aka the [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maltese_cross"]Maltese Cross[/URL]).

Also to be honest, I think the Ultras deserve their own book. They have a really great history, and now some distinctive units (Tyrannic War Vets) and grudges in their history (Tyranids and Word Bearers).

After reading Fear to Tread, for the first time, I was able to put down the "goody two shoes" stereotype and enjoy the Ultras in their own right.
    Last edited by Bigred; 06-22-2013 at 11:35 PM.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Iron Father

If the Iyanden book is anything to go by, then the supplements will be mostly fluff and army specific missions. Only 1-2 pages of actual rule diffences, warlord specific charts and psychic powers etc. in this regard any Chapter, Hive Fleet, Ork Wagghhhh / Clan or Tau Sept as just examples could easily get a supplement.
    GW are really onto something new here, I think it's fantastic. For added choice
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

I could see the main book being more about the Astartes in general, but there will be some Ultramarines stuff in it. Just as there were stories, galleries, and a character or two for Iyanden in the main Eldar book. You could technically play Iyanden themes without the Supplement, but this is a nice way to give people a little extra who want it. It's not going to throw off balance any. These supplements could probably be pumped out pretty quick too, so I wouldn't be surprised if we have a whole mess of them by this time next year.
    Ask about painting commissions and more!

First-Captain

Read my signature.

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast