Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    Well EldarGal

We have:
    -Ulthwe,
    -Saim-Hann
    -Alaitoc
    -Biel-Tan

Left to go. I'd say that from a fluff/army organization point of view the most divergent to least divergent would be:

Biel-Tan (few Guardians, Court of the Young King, possibly some aspects as troops)
    Saim-Hann (Windrider hosts of some type, new flying HQs?)
    Ulthwe (even better guardians???, few aspects, better Seer-councils)
    Alaitoc (more rangers)

I'm not holding out much hope for my personal Alaitoc anytime soon. Maybe it's penance for the Ranger disruption table
    not forgetting the new craftworlds that GW have named a well like Mymeara, would love the see the shadow spectors aspect warriors turning up

talked to my TO for our next event the iyanden supplement is out..our lgs cant get any hard copies.. he is not going to deal with only in digital download.. now i carry my laptop to events but not everyone else does

also its a matter of timing on when a supplement is released and when a tournament is scheduled

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by rle68 View Post
    talked to my TO for our next event the iyanden supplement is out..our lgs cant get any hard copies.. he is not going to deal with only in digital download.. now i carry my laptop to events but not everyone else does

also its a matter of timing on when a supplement is released and when a tournament is scheduled
    Thats a different matter then, its common practice among tournaments to dis allow codexes released to close to the tournament (usually registration)
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

usually if it falls within a 30 day window.. some places say use either one i find that to be the worst thing to say .. different set of rules for different players.. not a good move in my op

Fly Lord

This is a supply issue GW is going to have to deal with.

If they have found a new cash cow that basically triples the number of codices in the game with very little overhead and added cost - its up to them to print adequate supply. I applaud them for finding a way to bring variety to the game and leverage their exhaustive written IP - nothing wrong with that. However, nothing will fracture the playerbase like having dozens of supplemental books out there that are only effectively available in digital form.

There are a decent number of people who simply wont ever buy digital products (they may like physical copies). Having lots of lists you may encounter that you can't ever get a hold of is going to tick people off.
    Last edited by Bigred; 06-24-2013 at 11:18 PM.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Quote Originally Posted by LeeW
    not forgetting the new craftworlds that GW have named a well like Mymeara, would love the see the shadow spectors aspect warriors turning up
    You should buy the FW book : Imperial Armour 11: Doom of Mymeara ;-) Shadow Specters are there

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    This is a supply issue GW is going to have to deal with.

If they have found a new cash cow that basically triples the number of codices in the game with very little overhead and added cost - its up to them to print adequate supply. I applaud them for finding a way to bring variety to the game and leverage their exhaustive written IP - nothing wrong with that. However, nothing will fracture the playerbase like having dozens of supplemental books out there that are only effectively available in digital form.

There are a decent number of people who simply wont ever buy digital products (they may like physical copies). Having lots of lists you may encounter that you can't ever get a hold of is going to tick people off.
    I get why GW might have mini supply issues, but books should be easy to produce. Odd!

I'm writing this on an iPad, I spend my days on a laptop, I am very very digital, but I vastly prefer hard copies. Part of the whole war gaming thing is the physical aspect. The miniatures, the painting, the terrain, the dice, templates, and the rule books. It's the non digital nature that draws me in. It's not a computer game. I miss the physical feeling of a book if I only have a digital codex.
    Last edited by Bigred; 06-24-2013 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eberk View Post
    You should buy the FW book : Imperial Armour 11: Doom of Mymeara ;-) Shadow Specters are there
    i have that but for 1 its 5th edition and 2 we can't use them in store as manager only allows models from codexs, even moaned at me for using the corsair list saying they are too powerful

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by LeeW View Post
    i have that but for 1 its 5th edition and 2 we can't use them in store as manager only allows models from codexs, even moaned at me for using the corsair list saying they are too powerful
    oh please.

I'd tell the manager that you're going to find another store to play at that will let you play with all of the GW rules - not just the ones that *he* likes.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by flekkzo View Post
    I get why GW might have mini supply issues, but books should be easy to produce. Odd!
    As the first book of its type, they probably ordered a smallish print run compared to the standard codex. Still numbered in the thousands. As soon as they saw it was going to sell out, I'm certain they ordered another print run. But ordering books at that quantity takes 2-3 months. I expect the Marine one will have twice as many (assuming they haven't ordered it already).

Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast