BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 9 of 154 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Hmm.

AA for Space Marines.... Devastator Missile Launchers are pretty much a no brainer, but what else might we see?

Hyperios Whirlwind? FW already do it, but wouldn't rule it out.

But still expecting something completely new in that regard...
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorWesJanson View Post
    Hyperios would not even need a new kit, just an upgrade option for Whirlwind entry to take say 2-3 shot Hyperios/Flakk missiles and boom, boost in demand for the Whirlwind box.
    I'd also imagine Dreadnoughts and land speeder typhoons could get access to flakk missiles.
    I would be somewhat (and pleasantly) surprised to see the Hyperios Whirlwind, Helios Land Raider, and any Contemptor. GW hasn't had Citadel cannibalize the Forgeworld line for some time, but had them create alternate lines from there.

There are already 2 Flyers, and Devastators are a given for a Flakk Missile option. It's also possible (even likely, based on the Green Emos) to see Flakk options for both Scouts and Tacticals. Dreadnought is a possibility, though (again, basing it off the DA) not likely, and the Land Speeder less.

Chaplain

I think it would be cool to see an alternative version of a thunderfire cannon that does AA, so have a techmarine with his snazcannon shooting down those birdies(probably not with the name snazcannon though!).

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by AirHorse View Post
    I think it would be cool to see an alternative version of a thunderfire cannon that does AA, so have a techmarine with his snazcannon shooting down those birdies(probably not with the name snazcannon though!).
    I can see this - a plastic Thunderfire/StormFlyerShooterDowner (name WIP) kit, along with the first plastic Techmarine. The Thunderfire's apparently a hideous pain to put together, and given how other metal-to-Finecast transitions have gone, must be a nightmare from both a production and user angle. It'd be a smart move to put it in plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Charistoph View Post
    I would be somewhat (and pleasantly) surprised to see the Hyperios Whirlwind, Helios Land Raider, and any Contemptor. GW hasn't had Citadel cannibalize the Forgeworld line for some time, but had them create alternate lines from there.
    In most cases, yes. The Hyperios Whirlwind though, is just a different weapon profile that FW made a different looking turret for. The Hyperios turret has nothing special to it that means it could not stand in for a normal whirlwind turret. Though GW could go back to Epic for names and bring back the Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexington View Post
    I can see this - a plastic Thunderfire/StormFlyerShooterDowner (name WIP) kit, along with the first plastic Techmarine. The Thunderfire's apparently a hideous pain to put together, and given how other metal-to-Finecast transitions have gone, must be a nightmare from both a production and user angle. It'd be a smart move to put it in plastic.
    The Thunderfire is also the largest finecast kit in the Marine range IIRC. An AA option would be a good idea for a combi-kit. Add a techmarine with harness and servo arm options, maybe a couple of servitors, and GW could cover a lot of Finecast bases with one plastic kit.

Chapter-Master

The Thunderfire is also the largest finecast kit in the Marine range IIRC. An AA option would be a good idea for a combi-kit. Add a techmarine with harness and servo arm options, maybe a couple of servitors, and GW could cover a lot of Finecast bases with one plastic kit.
    yeah I think that would make a really nice model
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Don't forget that the rules for the raven and the talon wil both be printed in this book. I don't think marines will get 3 fliers. I'd expect this release to be more about refreshing older parts of the line/moving items to plastic.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Don't forget that the rules for the raven and the talon wil both be printed in this book. I don't think marines will get 3 fliers. I'd expect this release to be more about refreshing older parts of the line/moving items to plastic.
    If they release a combined stern and vanguard kit that looks as good as the old finecast but far more posable and customizable I am buying a few of them for sure. Can't have enough veterans! Especially if they finally become troops (yes, it would be sweet to field a 1st company only).

Chapter-Master

If the last couple releases are anything to go by, then you'll get one, maybe two old units with refreshed models and then a bunch of "glitter" new units :P
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Banned

In most cases, yes. The Hyperios Whirlwind though, is just a different weapon profile that FW made a different looking turret for. The Hyperios turret has nothing special to it that means it could not stand in for a normal whirlwind turret. Though GW could go back to Epic for names and bring back the Hunter.
    A different named system is more likely. I doubt that they will include the Forgeworld unit by name in this codex (even though they SHOULD, it would save time on the "legality" of FW), or any near future codex.

With the way the recent releases have gone, especially sales wise, I expect some kind of large monstrous creature walker. Since Vanillan marines are all about stealing exclusive stuff from variant marine books, I would not be surprised if the new Codex Marines get a version of the GK Dreadknight, maybe with different weapons options like plasma cannons, las cannons and assault cannons options. Hell, it may even be a flying monstrous creature since marines never had one of those, so by GW logic, they need one for 'balance'.

So long as they redesign the model with an enclosed cockpit, I won't be that annoyed as I never liked the baby carrier look of the original.

I think the new marines book will also get a bigger emphasis on AA now that everyone has stocked up on fliers. Flakk missiles are all good, but doesn't sell extra models for GW, maybe the aforementioned giant walker will get interceptor and sky fire options, or maybe they will introduce a new model. An AA thunderfire sounds tempting, but there is already a model out.

An AA dread would make sense, but there are already plenty of dread boxes, so that market seems pretty saturated. Looking around, the humble predator has been around a while and only has the stock two builds if you exclude the BA Baal box, so I think a new predator box with maybe a new sculpt and additional options would find the biggest market, so my money would be on that.

If they keep the old predator box for the stock auto and las cannon builds, the new one can have an AA build, so maybe dual autocannons or a long barrelled Gatling cannon like the avenger megabolter. The second build could be a plasma tank, with twin linked plasma cannons in the turret, with plasmagun sponson options. You can bet such a tank will sell well.

Page 9 of 154 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast