BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 105 of 154 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1533
    Champion of Ultramar

Quote Originally Posted by Cadian122 View Post
    (I'm peeved, because I was taking Kantor and Lysander in my army, with 10 Sternguard, 5 Thunder Hammer Termies, and a Contemptor as elites, and Pedro was giving me an extra 2 scoring units (with the Sternguard in Combat Squads))
    That shouldn't be an issue.
    Lysander and Kantor are both Imperial Fists characters where the rules are concerned.
    The Crimson Fists are an Imperial Fists Successor and therefore use the Imperial Fists Chapter Traits (Successors, with the exception of the Black Templars, use the traits of their parent Chapter).
    Therefore, as far as the rules are concerned, they're both Imperial Fists.

Veteran-Sergeant

I really hope they don't limit chars by doctrine (outside of Templars). n That would just be asinine.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Galadren View Post
    I really hope they don't limit chars by doctrine (outside of Templars). n That would just be asinine.
    Maybe they do it like the current codex, if you have two characters, one's "doctrine" wins and the others is ignore. Probably always the warlord's doctrine. The idea was always that you could mold the characters into your chapter's heroes, so in a way they are more like templates.

I suspect flekkzo has it right. They don't like limiting the ways you can use Your Dudes these days, but you can't stack up warlord traits either. You'll be able to take whatever characters you want, just not pile up different doctrines in one army.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'nSmurfs View Post
    You'll be able to take whatever characters you want, just not pile up different doctrines in one army.
    Given what we know of the design philosophy for the new book, I actually doubt this is true. Given that you're apparently able to take allies of different doctrines/Chapter Tactics/whatever from the SM Codex, I imagine that's what's considered the solution to this issue.

Maybe. With new doctrines there's more to work around. But I can't see them making the Ultramarines characters Ultramarines-only. You should still be able to paint those up in whatever colours you like and rename them. The studio's whole philosophy these days is based around allowing people to do more things, not restricting them.

And, look: you can always do whatever you like in casual games with friends or in a group, as long as you agree it with them.

Brother-Captain

But I can't see them making the Ultramarines characters Ultramarines-only. You should still be able to paint those up in whatever colours you like and rename them. The studio's whole philosophy these days is based around allowing people to do more things, not restricting them.
    I hope you're right there as I've just had a friend paint up my counts-as Marneus Calgar to use as the Imperial Fists Chapter Master Vladimir Pugh. I was pleasantly surprised to see how well the Gauntlets of Ultramar fit onto the Pedro Kantor body, and the power cables and ammo belts actually meet up with his backpack too.

Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Anyone who tries to tell you that you can't use your awesome model isn't worth playing with.

Veteran-Sergeant

Anyone who tries to tell you that you can't use your awesome model isn't worth playing with.

ABSOLUTE TRUTH!

Brakkart, those are the Gauntlest that come on the Termie Version, yeah? did you fix that hideous Ultrasmurf icon?

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by phreakachu View Post
    ABSOLUTE TRUTH!

Brakkart, those are the Gauntlest that come on the Termie Version, yeah? did you fix that hideous Ultrasmurf icon?
    Yes they are the termy ones, got them from Bitzbox.co.uk. As for the Ultramarine icon I sliced it off easy peasy with one of those Citadel scalpel things. I have an Imperial Fist transfer there instead as the space was just large enough for one of the really small ones.
    Last edited by Brakkart; 08-17-2013 at 11:20 AM.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!