BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 90 of 154 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

edit:nvm
    Last edited by daboarder; 08-13-2013 at 03:35 PM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

I'm not gonna worry about rules until I have the book.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by lattd View Post
    My reaction to librarian smurf is due to him suddenly being the best Parker in the game for no reason because he's a smurf, he's better than eldrad who's been at it since before the smurf was born.
    That's...not really accurate by any useful measure. Eldrad has:
    1) a higher mastery level
    2) the ability to cast more high-cost powers a turn
    3) access to the Eldar psychic powers, which are more or less a two-for-one deal each.

Yes, Tigurius does some things that Eldrad doesn't, but that's the nature of the game and the universe. Just because someone's an older or more powerful seer doesn't mean that they're necessarily everything that every other psyker is with a + 1 added to it.

Bear in mind also that Tigurius might have very powerful abilities, underneath he's still got a basic Librarian profile, which includes only 2W and no Invulnerable save. His closest counterparts, Eldrad, Ahriman, and Mephiston, are all loads more durable. His cost is most likely going to go down some in the new book, but unless he managed to nick a suit of GK Terminator armor, he's still going to implode when being hit with anything worse than PG-13 language or a dirty look.
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Quote Originally Posted by Lexington View Post
    3) access to the Eldar psychic powers, which are more or less a two-for-one deal each.

Yes, Tigurius does some things that Eldrad doesn't, but that's the nature of the game and the universe. Just because someone's an older or more powerful seer doesn't mean that they're necessarily everything that every other psyker is with a + 1 added to it.
    Actually Eldrad and all Farseers don't get 2/1 powers. That's the Warlocks and Spiritseers who can take powers from Runes of Battle. Eldrad and Farseers can pick from Divination, Telepathy and Runes of Fate which arn't the 2/1 powers. Though you're right with the rest of that.

Quote Originally Posted by DWest View Post
    Bear in mind also that Tigurius might have very powerful abilities, underneath he's still got a basic Librarian profile, which includes only 2W and no Invulnerable save. His closest counterparts, Eldrad, Ahriman, and Mephiston, are all loads more durable. His cost is most likely going to go down some in the new book, but unless he managed to nick a suit of GK Terminator armor, he's still going to implode when being hit with anything worse than PG-13 language or a dirty look.
    Yeah, that's true. I agree.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Lexington View Post

I think it's the "re-roll the psychic powers" part that rubs people the wrong way. Eldrad views the future like we watch Netflix and he didn't get the "since I know what is coming I should load up with the right powers before I show up. Heck, they should have given Eldrad, Ahriman, and Fateweaver lore master and been done with it, but nope. So hopefully the rumor is off and dumb. And while we are at it, Ahriman is 10k+ years old, he should be able to show up with the right tools too.

Scout

via The Emperor's Champion on Bolter and Chainsword
    WARGEAR:
    CHAPTER RELICS:
    There are 6 different ones.
    Two swords, one Bolter, set of armor, one Storm Shield and one banner
    They range from 25pts to 65pts.
    One Chapter Relic grants a 6+ Invulnerable Save. (It's unclear who benefits from the Save generated by the Relic)
    So are these gonna be independent character only, warlord only, or any veteran sergeant/character in the army? Kinda like how magic items or wargear are available to any regiment leader in fantasy armies?

Quote Originally Posted by a_musckrat View Post
    So are these gonna be independent character only, warlord only, or any veteran sergeant/character in the army? Kinda like how magic items or wargear are available to any regiment leader in fantasy armies?
    With the other 6th ed books so far it's basically been HQs and in some cases certain 'sergeant' type models, like say Tau Crisis Suit Shas'vre.

I would guess HQs. Those are the only models, if I'm not mistaken, with access in the Dark Angels book. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Wow, Grav weapon rules coming in from 40k Radio.

[url]http://40kwarzone.blogspot.com.au/2013/08/space-marines-rules-5grav-weapons.html[/url]

My reaction? ...................................
    http://40kwarzone.blogspot.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Boyle View Post
    With the other 6th ed books so far it's basically been HQs and in some cases certain 'sergeant' type models, like say Tau Crisis Suit Shas'vre.

I would guess HQs. Those are the only models, if I'm not mistaken, with access in the Dark Angels book. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Dark Angels:
    Sergants for Tacticals, devastators, scouts, regular bike-sq and assault have access to ranged and melee. (Terminators and other specialized units do not.) Techmarine have access to ranged, melee as well as special issue wargear.

Rest of generic HQ have access to all wargear.