BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 55 of 154 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast
    Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by FireHazard View Post
    That's me told then *shuffles off, cap in hand*
    Lol, I hope BA don't get rolled into the SM dex, I have my hopes set on a Flesh Tearers suppliment.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I doubt BA will lose their codex, it has considerably more pedigree than the Black Templar codex and they are a First Founding chapter/ex-Legion.

Given the 7 limted edition covers for C:SM I think we can assume the lineup is as follows:
    C: Blood Angels for BA and successors.
    C: Dark Angels for DA and successors
    C: Space Wolves for Space Wolves and lol Magnus ftw.
    C: SM for Ultramarines, Black Templar (2nd Founding), Raven Guard, Imperial Fists, White Scars, Iron Hands, Salamanders and Ravenguard and successors.

Ultramarines are on the standard cover and the rest are limited editions I assume.
    I've seen rumors that the "special edition" covers will go for $115. Which is silly much for a different cover, even if they stuff it in some kind of special stuff around it. I was very much looking forward to an IF cover, but for $60 extra? My wife would kill me and it's absolutely silly.

Quote Originally Posted by flekkzo View Post
    I've seen rumors that the "special edition" covers will go for $115. Which is silly much for a different cover, even if they stuff it in some kind of special stuff around it. I was very much looking forward to an IF cover, but for $60 extra? My wife would kill me and it's absolutely silly.
    It's only $15 more than the Eldar one for a book that has 70 more pages in it. I estimate then that the Marine codex will be about $60-70USD.

Lets face it. You will all buy the termie tubbies if the rules are solid and they work really well. Tactics will usually win out over aesthetics. I myself think they are a bit overly bulky but they don't look horrible. It was a chance to make something fantastic looking but they missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Spamthulhu View Post
    Lets face it. You will all buy the termie tubbies if the rules are solid and they work really well. Tactics will usually win out over aesthetics. I myself think they are a bit overly bulky but they don't look horrible. It was a chance to make something fantastic looking but they missed.

Speak for thyself, knave. I have yet to buy a hellchicken, a mu-rushlimbaugh-ilator or a stormraven not because they are good tactical models, but because the model designer was stoned and made a butt ugly piece.

I hope they bring back some of the legion differences like the 4th ed chapter traits. I think a lot of the chapters can be represented with simple FOC allowances, denials, reoganizations, and character swaps.

All jesting aside, as for the folding of chapters into supplements and first founding chapter/legions being folded here's my view:

I own 2 companies of space wolves (they're my dogs, blue), a company of blood angels, and a company of fists (don't judge me, I've been doing this for over 20 years and built up over many trades, time, etc.). I think that folding SOME will be a good thing

I think that having a central "parent" book the way they did in 3rd, with ALL the marine unit entries for codex chapters, THEN having the "auxillary" book, with the chapter/legion specific entry and pics is the best out of both world (and most likely to screw us out of the most money).

If you consider what REALLY makes BA different - they can take assault jumpers/marines as troops, they get sanguinary guard, special dreadnaughts, sang priests, death company, the raven-brick, characters, and chapter specific psychic powers. The majority of their units, tacs, scouts, vehicles, sternguard, vanguard, termies, are pretty much identical, but with the red thirst rule.

Wolves get a completely different set of "Troop" options, the grey hunters and blood claws, along with -1 WS/BS bikes, trikes, and jumplers, we get wolfguard, which can be termies or squadded out, we get wolf riders, wolves, aren't allowed to deepstrike teleport and that's about it.

Black templars get the mixed squads, all other regular options, sword bretheren, crusaders as dedicated transports, and the emperor's champion.

Dark angel have their funky planes, their funky bikers, their funky terminators, flying circus ravenguard caddilac with speakers machine but are otherwise entirely codex.

IIRC everyone else pretty much has all the same vehicles, with the exception of hte stormtalon (and now the raven for BA, SM, GK), same rhino based tanks, same speeders, (Thundercannon seems to be just vanilla.)

Would it be so terrible to have a central book for all that vehicular milleiu and more fluff pages, concept arts, or differentiating units? I am pretty sure that with the exception of the fast rule and the paintjob, a BA rhino is the same as a SW rhino, which is the same as a BT, DA, or a IF rhino.... ain't no difference there bro.

If the BT got folded, I can't really say I didn't see it coming, they are popular to those that collect or collected them, but past their own vocal supporters, much like sisters, they don't sell as well, aren't particularly well supported modelwise, and are YET ANOTHER power armored variant force.

AFAIC, if the BT get to have their own book, then screw it, give one to my crimson fists, my friend's imperial fists, the guy down the street who plays the howling griffin and the one tard wearing a hard plastic helmet in the fu man chu moustache that plays white scars.

I for one, would prefer to have as much info in a codex that is already retardedly expensive than a LOT of cut up, minor change, minor information provided, but similarly priced books.

Quote Originally Posted by Spamthulhu View Post
    Nope, sorry. Granted I'm not really competitive, but I refuse to buy something I don't like. I'll make due without them, or convert something else to fit the part and look badass doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Warpath View Post
    Also, did anyone notice that the vanguard squad is quite similar to the Death Company sprue? 3 of the 5 shown helmets are BA helmets with standard icons, same with the jump packs, and some other bits that i fail to remember right now.
    Glad I'm not the only one who noticed that. Pretty sure those Vanguard pics are fakes (pretty good ones, but still fake). Nothing there you can't already kit bash. Plus the story is a bit suspect. The store got a new kit a month in advance and threw them up on the shelf? That would require a level of ineptitude on so many levels that it strains credulity.

Chapter-Master

7 Covers =
    Ravenguard
    Ultramarines
    Salamanders
    Imperial Fists
    Iron Hands
    White Scars

and the last one:
    Black Templar

It just wouldn't make sense to make LE covers for chapters that have their own codex (other than Black Templars). Space Wolves, Blood Angels, and Dark Angels are pretty clear as separate from codex.

Salamanders, Ultramarines, White Scares, Imperial Fists, Ravenguard, and Iron Hands are the 'codex chapters' that don't have their own books. They will get dibs on 6 of the 7 covers. Black Templars must be #7, because they are losing their original book.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I doubt BA will lose their codex, it has considerably more pedigree than the Black Templar codex and they are a First Founding chapter/ex-Legion.

Given the 7 limted edition covers for C:SM I think we can assume the lineup is as follows:
    C: Blood Angels for BA and successors.
    C: Dark Angels for DA and successors
    C: Space Wolves for Space Wolves and lol Magnus ftw.
    C: SM for Ultramarines, Black Templar (2nd Founding), Raven Guard, Imperial Fists, White Scars, Iron Hands, Salamanders and Ravenguard and successors.

Ultramarines are on the standard cover and the rest are limited editions I assume.
    Last edited by Tynskel; 08-09-2013 at 01:26 PM.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Champion of Ultramar

Dark Angels should've been rolled into Codex:Space Marines. They in no way merited their own Codex.

Black Templars should never have had their own Codex in the first place, but nowadays they're much more distinctive than the Dark Angels were prior to their idiotic new Codex, so they deserve a Codex more than the Dark Angels.
    If they don't get one and the Dark Angels do....then GW is retarded.

Blood Angels easily merit their own Codex. They and the Space Wolves have always been far too weird to fit into Codex:Space Marines.
    Sanguiniary Guard, BA Honor Guard, 2 Baal Predators, Librarian Dreadnoughts, Death Company, Death Company Dreadnoughts, 8 Special Characters (if you include Morleo Moriar, which they should), Furioso Dreadnoughts, Sanguiniary Priests....
    that's just waaaaay too many non-Codex units.

And look at all the Codex units that Blood Angels shouldn't have:
    Stormtalons, Thunderfire Cannons, Centurions, Honor Guard, Land Speeder Storms, 12 Special Characters, Ironclad Dreadnoughts, Legion Of The Damned...

Blood Angels and Codex Marines have a huge number of different units, as they should.
    Combining BA's into the C:SM wouldn't really work.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    Lol, I hope BA don't get rolled into the SM dex, I have my hopes set on a Flesh Tearers suppliment.
    And flesh tearer forge world support...

i want flesh tearer Cataphractii armor