BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default No GW price rise this year

So I get an e-mail from GW Sales today, informing me that:

1. They would not be increasing the price of products they produce this year.
    2. They would be increasing the price of products they do not produce (paints, sprays, etc).

UPDATE from bigred:

Looks like about an 8% increase for paints and brushes.
    Last edited by Bigred; 06-05-2013 at 03:26 PM.

Yay!
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Occuli Imperator

[Sarcasm]
    Boo GW always put the boot into gamers, we all psych ourselves up for a price hike and now we don't get one. It's disgraceful.

RAGE QUIT
    [/Sarcasm]
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

To be fair though, the price of the majority of the new kits is going up.
    Guessing if they hammer models out at the speed they are though, then they're just getting everybody with New Codex Fever.
    When life gives you lemon's... should have used a condom.

Chapter-Master

I've been told by a LGS owner that prices on paint and hobby supplies are going up.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

15 bux for black spray paint not sure if they think were going to pay 5 times more then what you can buy at lowes or home depot

and they dont need a price increase they took the dire avengers box set which used to contain 10 model for 40 and gave you 5 for 35 do the math ...

Chapter-Master

Stealth price rises instead? or "redesigned boxes"

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

"We will not be rising the price of your Dire Avengers box...."

Occuli Imperator

I don't know tavelling to my nearest Lowe's would make the cost very expensive.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    I don't know tavelling to my nearest Lowe's would make the cost very expensive.
    Michael's, Lowe's, Home Depot, Ace, TruValue, CarQuest, AutoZone and Advance Auto (Just a few national names in the US) all carry suitable primers for use on models. The CarQuest non-sanding primer is beautiful and costs $4 a can (or less). Essentially GW is just charging you for the Citadel name. There is nothing special about their primer that you can't find in another brand's. And if their can clogs, like the older GW are notorious for, then they wern't as much of a waste.

If you want to spend money on a primer that is "hobby specific" then use The Army Painter's brand. They are colored primers and are fantastic. If I had money, I'd use those, otherwise, I use the $4 cans from CarQuest right now with same/superior results.

John M>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast