BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Default Iyanden Book Confirmed Hard version

[url]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/wnt/blog.jsp?pid=9400002[/url]

WD daily confirms Iyanden sourcebook

Confirmed to feature lots of new rules....including councils of Spiritseers, new Warlord traits....and the ability to take a Wraithknight as a HQ choice....

Iyanna Arienel is in the video.....dunno if rules, but shes got a whole page of fluff and new art

Iyanden armies can take 5 Spiritseers per HQ slot ....imagine....10 Spiritseers on the table. Thats a lot of power....

One of the new Warlord Traits - 3 dice to reroll at any point in the game

Hard back versions pre order 15th June. ONly 500 of the limited version available....

Also for non Eldar players - it specifically says "first of our new supplements". Expect more in the future
    Last edited by DrLove42; 06-03-2013 at 09:16 AM.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Yes... for a paltry doubling of the price you can get all the stuff we purposely broke out of your new Codex to put in a supplementary one. But wait... there is more.... many of the things you complained about "can be yours" for this upgrade. Be sure to get your Limited Edition. Those typos will only increase the collector's value in the years to come.

Arousing.

Iyanna Arienal art, even more arousing...

Caitsidhe, shut up. You can run a Iyanden list fine with the regular Codex, this is purely supplemental. 32 pages of Iyanden background alone is worth the price of admission for me, that's almost as much as we get for the entire Eldar race in C:E.

Better yet:
    First in a series of codex supplements
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Iyanna Arienal.JPG 
Views:	1911 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	4175   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Iyanna ArienalLore.JPG 
Views:	1097 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	4176  
    Last edited by eldargal; 06-03-2013 at 09:21 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Yep, i'm looking forward to this.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Not in my area. If I wanted to use any of the rules from the supplement, I would have to bring the supplement in addition to the Codex to any tournament.

Ha, posted this in the other thread: you guys said it better. I have no interest in Iyanren but this looks like a lovely book and marks a pleasing trend. I look forward to the others!
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Hopefully HD version of Iyanna:

Wonder if we will see a model of her one day.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Iyanna Arienal.JPG 
Views:	883 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	4177  
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

It looks really cool, I just wish it wasn't so expensive (same goes for regular codices though). I hope there's more than Iyanden fluff though, C:E was kind of light on new fluff.

Chaplain

This is actually pretty awesome, the ability to take a WraithKnight as HQ means I can buy the models I wanted (WraithKnight and Wraith Guard / Blades) and use them as allies in another army.

And I actually like the idea of supplemental rules and FOCs. I think this is a good move, although it is what Chapter Approved used to do all those years ago.

But that contained a mix of different races etc.

To have army specific supplemental rules and background I think is a nice touch, and it's what loads of other companies do with RPGs.

Iron Father

I'm in. Eldar have never really interested me at all, except for its wraith constructs and the Iyanden craft world. Its like this Eldar release was geared towards me personally. I thought it was out this weekend though . Either way I pre-ordered on iPad on Saturday.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast