BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Battle-Brother

Default Wraithknight Rule Clarification

Good day everyone. Long time reader first time posting

I haven't seen anyone talk about this yet so maybe there is something I'm missing. The Wraithknight can have a total of 4 weapon systems right? Well it's only a MC right? So it can only fire TWO of those weapons each turn???

Am I missing something or is the model not near as useful as I thought when I bought it?

Chapter-Master

You CAN purchase 2 more weapons, does not mean that you SHOULD buy 2 more weapons. They are there in case you switch load outs. Take the sword: buy two more guns. Take the sun cannon: buy one more gun. Take standard load out: probably buy no guns.

The wraith lord is the same way for a decade...
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    You CAN purchase 2 more weapons, does not mean that you SHOULD buy 2 more weapons. They are there in case you switch load outs. Take the sword: buy two more guns. Take the sun cannon: buy one more gun. Take standard load out: probably buy no guns.

The wraith lord is the same way for a decade...
    Yeah that's how I figured it. It just seems that for twice the cost of a Wraithlord you'd get to shoot more

Second question. If I'm using a bastion and hiding the Wraithknight behind it I'm assuming he would get a 3+ cover save as described on pg 18 of the BRB so long as 25% of him is hidden?

Yes, that's right. Bastions are pretty clearly fortifications, so if you are entitled to claim a cover save by sheltering behind one, that cover save is 3+.

or get one of his toes in area terrain,

about the only MC i know of that can fire more than 2 weapons is tyranid as they have a special weapon with an exception to the rule.

Take the sun cannon: buy A ******* SCATTER LASER
    Fixed that for you.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Wish I had noticed the bit where it says "Buy up to two extra guns" as I wouldn't have glued two Scatter Lasers onto the shoulders of my Wraithknight. I would have instead just glued one onto the underside of the Suncannon where you stick something else.

Oh well....
    I have a blog, check it out :P - http://forthegloryofgorkandmork.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/tau-xv8-02-commander.html - just updated my blog 11/04/13

Chapter-Master

Magnets.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Veteran-Sergeant

Built my Knight and I often magnetise, however in this instance I am never running a load out not comprised of Suncannon, shield and Scatter laser. Laser lock a must before you dazzle your enemies with the cannon of sunliness.... Oh and he's popping Jazz hands, just because he can....
    http://eldar-40k.blogspot.co.uk/