BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 942 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 442842892932940941942943944952992 ... LastLast
Results 9,411 to 9,420 of 10008
    Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

much appreciated

I will edit this as I go.

Firstly, this report is from 1990, that is 25 years ago, I'm not sure how relevant its statistics are, however I will look for citations of this article in further papers (Beyond the 1994 paper I myself links) to see what the community currently understands about these statistics.

I will reply to this in the next few days once I have time to properly access and read the peer reviewed studies
    Last edited by daboarder; 02-08-2015 at 05:23 AM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    I can't imagine what it would be like to have a thread where every time you tried to post about issues that effect you on a deep personal level there are people who would appear solely to snipe at you and nitpick and dismiss you while ignoring any evidence you produce and even going so far as to take potshots at you in other threads on the board. That would be so incredibly tiring and draining I can see why you wouldn't want to put up with that.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

just put him on your ignore list, he has nothing to offer
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

haha, genius

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    Yummy
    *snort*

Quality journalism form the mirror as always, is this another of their made up stories?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

not sure what happened, but somebody on Facebook did tell me that other outlets were reporting a different series of events...

Chapter-Master

sounds about right.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Morgrim View Post
    Also I really fail to see how a military career makes one good at leadership. Presumably if one was an officer then they have some practical experience in middle management, true! But until you are in higher ranks the armed forces are about following orders and not about knowing what orders to give. And definitely not a good grounding for politics.
    A military career does not automatically make one good at leadership. But neither does rank held automatically make one good at leadership. Actually a lance corporal in charge of a 4 man section under fire may need to show more leadership than a desk-bound colonel ever will.

Britmil have definitions of leadership and management and they are 2 entirely different things (to us). The former is expected to be performed at all levels ie by all ranks. Part of leadership is 'followership' so by that dint even privates demonstrate leadership - and of course one can step ahead of his squad and set the example.

@MM I think military people think they could be good at politics because:

They think they can make hard decisions
    They have different ideas about what stress construes
    They understand the need to put service before self
    They think leadership is better than management and they can do the former better than current MPs do the latter

And probably because of how we are taught to do business they sell themselves in an aggressive fashion which makes their contention more noticeable.

Whilst all of those attributes might not make a better MP, they would (for me) make a better member of government ie minister or cabinet position.

(sorry to go OT).
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    HAHAHAHA. Oh dear.

That's really what you call a Cis Male Fail. When the little head overtakes the big one.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses