BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

It amuses me greatly that every one jumps on GW's side for this, a case where they appear to have designed something similar to a piece of artwork, but deny copying it (so maybe accidental? Too many similarities to judge)

But the same peope throw GW under the bus when they sue CHS a studio that openly admits stealing GW artwork, designs and names....
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    It amuses me greatly that every one jumps on GW's side for this, a case where they appear to have designed something similar to a piece of artwork, but deny copying it (so maybe accidental? Too many similarities to judge)

But the same peope throw GW under the bus when they sue CHS a studio that openly admits stealing GW artwork, designs and names....
    Don't look at me, I have openly defended GW in the CHS case before, they'rein the right in both cases.

Spots the Space Marine is a different story however.

Chaplain

IMO the email concerning the Da Vinci art piece was the most interesting part. GW do seem to have a strong case for this, as the figure is ridiculously close to the artwork that i don't believe it to be an accident

currently working on a line of sci-fi bunkers and tunneling, input always appreciated

There is a striking resemblance.

Unfortunately for Blight Wheel, motive is immaterial. Whether intentional or not, it is very close to GW's concept art.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

The Da Vinci reply in the comments, well that's probably out of copyright...

@archimbald, I've seen enough hentai to know where your signature is going...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

We are talking about a humanoid lizard. Of course they look somewhat alike. You can go to any Dungeon's & Dragon's Monster Manual and find several reptilian guys that look like it too, some even moreso. Hell, the Gorn in Star Trek Enterprise spinoff looks almost identical. They should get their lawyer and tell GW to go sit and spin. They don't get to lay claim to humanoid lizards with guns anymore than they do armored soliders in space.

They do when it's a quadraped with a chest mounted weapon..... Gorn was bipedal, therefore humaonid.

Loxatl and Mutant Komodo are by no means humanoid or otherwise anthropromorphic.... (think I spelt that correctly)
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    They do when it's a quadraped with a chest mounted weapon..... Gorn was bipedal, therefore humaonid.

Loxatl and Mutant Komodo are by no means humanoid or otherwise anthropromorphic.... (think I spelt that correctly)
    Yeh, the lizard was a Quad not a Bi. And they do look similar. Thing is, giving the book the drawing was in. It's entirely possible they didn't copy it.
    For the Greater good.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    The Da Vinci reply in the comments, well that's probably out of copyright...

@archimbald, I've seen enough hentai to know where your signature is going...

currently working on a line of sci-fi bunkers and tunneling, input always appreciated

In the United States they wouldn't have a leg to stand on. I have no idea about the laws in France. Let's consider something:

1. Lizards are (unless you are dinosaur) quadrapeds.
    2. Lizards all have their ears placed in pretty much the same general area to the side of the head further back than the eye.
    3. If you mounted a gun on a quadraped it would be on the back or on the chest.
    4. Extra ammunition in a belt is traditionally worn around the chest or waist.
    5. Komodo dragons exist in nature. They like several monitor lizards all look like this.

The figure does look a bit like the art. It does not, however, look EXACTLY like the art. In the United States you can make similar things all you want. You can have Space Troopers that look a lot like Storm Troopers just as long as they are different enough. Games Workshop doesn't get to claim all quadraped lizards with bandoliers and chest guns. They seem very intent on flushing more money down the drain.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast