BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Veteran-Sergeant

Exclamation Help! Im lost here in the desert

Hi all,
    So i just made the move from germany to elpaso texas. (im a soldier so that is not as strange as it sounds) and i cant find a good gaming store out here (i dont know maybe i was just spoiled in germany but this fact realy strikes me as strange given the size of this city). So i was wonderingif anyone knows where i can find a good store or maybe a good gaiming groop here in el paso or the Ft. Bliss local? Thank you for any and all help you can give me
    "There's too many men, too many people, Making too many problems,
    And not much love to go round, Can't you see this is a land of confusion?"

Veteran-Sergeant

Good luck to you, I lived there for years and never found any gaming scene. And thank you for your service.
    Age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill, however nothing beats rolling all sixes.

Veteran-Sergeant

Thanks, yea i found a comic store with some of my stuff but it not the same

Librarian

When I was posted to Robertson Barracks in Darwin for a 2 year posting with 1CSR (Brigade level Signals Regiment), I had to post a message on the local message board to garner up interest for my at that time, 2 wargaming systems - Classic Battletech and 40K. I got responses from a few people, and from there, I got the contacts for others who were civilians in the area, and the very small gaming club.

I know many bases have areas where soldiers can get together and play board games, table top games, etc. You could always contact your version of the everymans/sallymans (salvos) contact, and they generally will help you organise a room and tables until You can organise something more permanent.

The comic store might also be able to help if they have a noticeboard.
    The world is Chaotic, so why not join the party. Slaanesh welcomes you with open arms. Certa Cito

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by plasticaddict View Post
    And thank you for your service.
    This - a thousand times over.

A few years ago I was putting together care packages for the guys over in Iraq at the VFW and on the list of wanted items we usually saw things like baby wipes, more baby wipes, hand sanitizer, books, CD's, and anything that would make them feel like they were living in a civilized (clean) society I'd imagine.

Well I was putting together a care package and noticed on one of the lists that he had "Warhammer books"...

Unfortunately I wasn't home at the time to throw my whole Horus Heresey collection in the box but the next time I went to the VFW I did bring some of that stuff and put it in the car just in case!

Hope you find the gaming scene you're looking for!
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Daemonette666 View Post
    When I was posted to Robertson Barracks in Darwin for a 2 year posting with 1CSR (Brigade level Signals Regiment), I had to post a message on the local message board to garner up interest for my at that time, 2 wargaming systems - Classic Battletech and 40K. I got responses from a few people, and from there, I got the contacts for others who were civilians in the area, and the very small gaming club.
    Hey D666, a friend of mine (a local player in the San Antonio, Tx scene) recently found out he MIGHT get posted to Darwin (he is in the Australian army). He's been fretting over whether or not he'll be able to find a gaming scene when he gets there. What's the skinny? How big/good did you find the gaming scene in Darwin? Cheers! Cope

PS Lion, I'm sorry that you got posted to El Paso... /shudder
    Looking for a game in the San Antonio area? You can find me here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/175757472448931/

Scout

The consolation for being in El Paso is he can eat Chico's Tacos.

Veteran-Sergeant

Thanks all i guss ill just have ti keep checking the uso and mwr for gamers
    Thanks again for qll your help and suport

Veteran-Sergeant

Hey all just an update if you are in the el paso area sun city games is the place to go play 40k decent selection and tabels to play on just letting people know what i found