BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Default Why does Games Workshop hate blood angels?

Ok, so not only have we seen the changes to Furious Charge that stole the thunder of most BA lists but now the Angels (and Knights) have suffered the indignity Calgar and his boys borrowing their ride without asking.
    This perhaps I could have taken on its own..............however I've just discovered that the FAQ's have been updated................
    Apparently the Stormraven no longer uses 'skies of blood' the name having been replaced by the more universal 'skies of fury' and also there is a note to remove Deep Strike from the list of its special rules.
    I'm starting to think that these official updates to codex are the worst idea since Greedo shooting first.
    This trend has seen a lot of my friends moving on to other gaming systems........and I must admit I'm very tempted myself.......
    If only the Event Horizon had Gellar Fields........

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguineone View Post
    Ok, so not only have we seen the changes to Furious Charge that stole the thunder of most BA lists but now the Angels (and Knights) have suffered the indignity Calgar and his boys borrowing their ride without asking.
    This perhaps I could have taken on its own..............however I've just discovered that the FAQ's have been updated................
    Apparently the Stormraven no longer uses 'skies of blood' the name having been replaced by the more universal 'skies of fury' and also there is a note to remove Deep Strike from the list of its special rules.
    I'm starting to think that these official updates to codex are the worst idea since Greedo shooting first.
    This trend has seen a lot of my friends moving on to other gaming systems........and I must admit I'm very tempted myself.......
    I certainly haven't felt the draw to my blood angels since 6th edition came out. I'm considering liquidating all my models for BA and starting some genero-space marine force like Imp Fists or something.

Blood Angels just don't tickle my fancy in 6th anymore.

FWIW - they apparently hate Space Wolves too. Letting all the marine chapters partake of the Stormraven but the wolves just seems a bit wrong.
    Last edited by Defenestratus; 02-16-2013 at 08:54 AM.

Librarian

I thought it was just me that gone off BA a bit. It's a shame i like them. Ps the wolves don't need flying tanks, they are just ( insert cockney accent ) hard like that.

I play Wolves and Blood Angels; how d'ya think I feel?!

But on a serious note, I don't think BA have it so bad, we still have flying + fast everything else, and it's all pretty good in assault. I wish BA got Stormtalons, though.

Wolves got it a little worse, as we still don't have fliers or flak, which is gross. I broke down and got a Storm Eagle for them, but I wish we had more options like the other marine codices.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by spaceman91 View Post
    I thought it was just me that gone off BA a bit. It's a shame i like them. Ps the wolves don't need flying tanks, they are just ( insert cockney accent ) hard like that.
    Well I feel bad for Wolves because outside of the ADL they don't have much in the way of anti-air.

Except throwing hammers. Which I swear if that happened - would be stolen right of a Michael Bay movie script.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by The Sovereign View Post
    I play Wolves and Blood Angels; how d'ya think I feel?!

But on a serious note, I don't think BA have it so bad, we still have flying + fast everything else, and it's all pretty good in assault. I wish BA got Stormtalons, though.

Wolves got it a little worse, as we still don't have fliers or flak, which is gross. I broke down and got a Storm Eagle for them, but I wish we had more options like the other marine codices.
    i dont feel we puppy players need them. I have never had a problem against flyers. I have two units of 6 longfangs, that normaly does the trick.

Brother-Captain

I know how you feel.

I have a BA army that's entirely airborne - all jumpers, speeders and flyers (well, ok, 2 scout squads and 2 dreads, but they infiltrate/hitch a ride on Stormravens). The thing that bugs me the most is not being able to put more than half of the army in reserve any more. I know all all-jumper army like that isn't the most competitive thing ever but it's what drew me to the BA codex in the first place - it's just so damn cool! Sadly 6th doesn't seem to want to make playing it all that effective.

I also have a SW army and it would be nice to have some more flyer options for them - I know the Wolves don't like flying but they -do- use things like jump packs, speeders, Thunderhawks, etc. I'll just have to get my hands on a Storm Eagle whenever I get around to acquiring more models for that army.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

I play wolves and eldar. I was so hoping to be able to play a flyer....

Librarian

Arjac, surfer style, rides the drop pod down and smacks the flyer before hoping off right as the drop pod hits the ground... And while it would be funny for SW's to get a Stormraven, they really don't need flying puppy carriers... Although it would be funny to see a unit of Thunderwolf Cav, or just a big unit of wolves, hop out of one. With Bjorn being towed in the back of course...

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by gresha View Post
    I play wolves and eldar. I was so hoping to be able to play a flyer....
    you poor person.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast