BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Chapter-Master

Most ladies I know into wargaming like tyranids and necrons on the 40k side, and lovecraftian abominations on the other.

I expect Sisters will be the next "dark eldar", in that they will have a load of new plastic stuff that looks utterly awesome and they will be at least somewhat popular for it. The Ecclesiarchy seems like it would be a pretty definitive army for 40k with all that gothic space church stuff too.

Brother-Captain

I can only speak for my wife, but she dislikes the lack of bikini warrior women in the games I play. Like she specifically wants an army of Lelith Hesperax. Apparently, for her a fantasy setting means "I get to run around in a bikini like it can stop an anti-tank round."
    I've personally wanted to do Sisters since reading Cain's Last Stand. They just seemed like they were having a great time

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by bfmusashi View Post
    I can only speak for my wife, but she dislikes the lack of bikini warrior women in the games I play. Like she specifically wants an army of Lelith Hesperax. Apparently, for her a fantasy setting means "I get to run around in a bikini like it can stop an anti-tank round."
    That's fine, and there's a place for that.

I think that sort of thing is only really a problem when it's clearly done in a way that panders to horny young men (mostly) and it's just female characters getting that sort of treatment. 40k is pretty damn good about keeping any sexualization equal-opportunity. The Sisters have sexualized armour, sure, but it's actual armour. A male equivalent would be the Blood Angels Sanguinary Guard. Dark Eldar wyches are almost half-naked, but it's a pretty even split in terms of sexes in the unit, and their lack of armour makes sense with their gladiatorial, acrobatic style of combat.

The important thing about bringing 'sexy' into any fantasy setting is that it makes sense. Otherwise it just looks stupid.
    Clearly your wife has other ideas where that's concerned, though. To each their own.

Back on the topic of Sisters - is there anyone here without an army of them who -wouldn't- start at least a small force (i.e. allies) if they got an awesome revamp (i.e. gorgeous plastic kits, a cool codex, etc.) in the spirit of what happened to Dark Eldar?
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Brother-Captain

All I want is a sister who can be posed to have her bolter slung back while she does a full body running power armor assisted punch on some poor sap. Also, if one could summon up the power of the God Hand they might just become my favorite. [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhTL3sOINKY[/url]
    Seriously Ward, you let me down when there wasn't a single Grey Knight practicing the Aquila form Kung Fu.

Quote Originally Posted by bfmusashi View Post
    I've personally wanted to do Sisters since reading Cain's Last Stand. They just seemed like they were having a great time
    Certainly there is a place for that, and we have Dark Eldar wyches that can fill that niche.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456