June: Eldar
    July: Apocalypse
    August: Lizardmen
    September: Blood Bowl
    October: Space Marines
    November: Dwarves
    December: Hobbit
    January: Tyranids

~That would be TEN Codex/Armybooks in 2013 if it holds up, only about triple the standard GW release rate. Something has definitely changed within GW.

An interesting note, even with a production rate of this speed (assuming GW could hold it up permanently), this would result in a complete refresh of every army book in both WFB/40k every 3 years. Also, you will notice that this schedule is front-loaded with signs of slowing. It has 7 books in the first half of the year,and 3 in the second half.
    Last edited by Bigred; 04-02-2013 at 09:31 AM.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Am I miscounting or do you really not like Dwarves/ Tyranids so much that you don't count them?

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrios View Post
    Am I miscounting or do you really not like Dwarves/ Tyranids so much that you don't count them?
    Tyranids are in Jan 2014, which is next year, so 3 in the second half of this year (2013) is correct.

If this is correct (and I really hope it is) then 2013 will go down as one of the best years to be a WFB/40k player in history as that is a very nice line up. Two solid months of interest for me in Apoc and Space Marines and I've been tempted to get back in fantasy for some time, so will be taking a good look at High Elves and Dwarves. My Housemates will be getting a load of the Tau and Lizardmen no doubt.

Will be interesting to see if this pace of releases continues through next year as I think it's a much better idea than spacing the army books and such out. These big waves with books and them being close together might be murder on some folks wallets, but they get plenty of people talking and even those not getting anything new this month, know that they won't have to wait too long before something comes out that will grab their interest.

I do wonder where new scenery will be released in that schedule though.
    Last edited by Brakkart; 04-02-2013 at 09:45 AM.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Brother-Sergeant

Man what a time to decide that I was going to buy all the codexes that came out whether or not I was collecting the army at all. I am looking forward to new Tyranids and Blood Bowl though.
    Richard | Co-Host: Preferred Enemies Podcast | www.preferredenemies.com

No Imperial Guard? This saddens me

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    Man what a time to decide that I was going to buy all the codexes that came out whether or not I was collecting the army at all. I am looking forward to new Tyranids and Blood Bowl though.
    I hear you there, man. And I play 4 of those armies to one extent or another (Chaos Daemons, Tau, Eldar, and High Elves). My wallet, it will ache from emptiness!
    My Armies: Tau (complete), Chaos Space Marines (complete), Black Templars (2012/2013 project)
    My Blog: NockerGeek.net | Our Podcast: Preferred Enemies - http://www.preferredenemies.com

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by shaundimx View Post
    No Imperial Guard? This saddens me
    Their book is still really solid.

Mind, so is the SM book but it makes sense that the army by which all others are measured comes out sometime near the dawn of the newest edition.

Personally I would much rather see older books get some love before the likes of IG. I know if GW ever get around to doing Sisters justice I'll bend over backwards trying to start a new army for them.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    via Stickmonkey:
    i'm sorry but why does anyone take stickmonkey seriously? He's not exactly reliable
    furthermore isn't this list basically what hastings and other people have been saying, with some mild extrapolation?

Isnt Sept normally a Black Box release?
    Last edited by StarWarsDoug; 08-23-2013 at 01:02 PM.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Stickmonkey View Post
    I want to point out That In my original message I had Dwarves as questionable for Nov, that it could be Wood Elves or Brettonians, but my information had them in playtesting already, and much studio work had begun right after lizardmen. However, I'm in the minority on my placement of them.

I also said that Sept was a Black Box release...not that it was specifically Blood Bowl.
    How sure are you that Eldar will be in June? Rumors up until recently had them in late summer/early fall.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast