BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default FW Thunderhawk RoB, Legion Destroyers up.

Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Bah.

DO MKIII DESTROYERS!

Much better armour for it!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Captain

Also the two new Rapier weapons platform options have been released:

Rapier Graviton Cannon £29

Rapier Quad Heavy Bolter £29

From the Forge World newsletter:

The most common armaments of the Rapier are quad heavy bolters or laser destroyer arrays for anti-personnel and anti-armour roles, while Quad Launcher are favoured for siege warfare. On occasion, a Legion’s Techmarines will also use a Rapier carrier as a mount for more exotic weaponry such as a Graviton cannon.
    Seems like there is at least one other variant coming at some point then, a Quad Launcher! Could someone who has the Heresy book post what stats a Graviton Cannon has, I've never even heard of this weapon and I'm curious to know what the rules for them are.

I like the Thunderhawk tile but you could make something similar and cheaper with the [URL="http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440312a&prodId=prod8000 1a"]Crashed Aquila Lander[/URL] (£20) and the [URL="http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440312a&prodId=prod4000 04a"]RoB expansion tileset[/URL] (2 tiles for £60) and you'd have a tile left over for some other project.
    Last edited by Brakkart; 04-12-2013 at 10:33 AM.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

I can't remember the specifics, but on a simple level, a Graviton cannon is a large blast template weapon, strength test to avoid taking a wound. The marker is left in place for the following turn, counting as dangerous terrain. It's a fairly interesting area-denial weapon. Points are in-line with twin-linked lascannon. I can't wait for the Rapier/Thudd Gun hybrid!

And the Quad Bolter has the Worst Stats Ever. It's a twin-linked heavy bolter with four shots, not six! WHAT IS THE POINT OF YOU, QUAD BOLTER? WHAT IS THE POINT OF YOU?!!
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Brother-Captain

Hmm it does sound interesting.

And really, that's the rules for the Quad Heavy Bolter? Dang, I was hoping it was either two-linked HB's or just 4 HB's with the usual range and stats. A battery of 3 of them would be awesome for horde killing then, 36" range with 18 or 36 shots at Str 5, AP 4 would rock.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Chapter-Master

For some reason when i saw the name "Legion destroyers" I thought they might be upgrade kits for necrons....

well, it's nice stuff as usual I suppose, the crashed thunderhawk is pretty nice. I wonder how difficult it would be to hollow out the hawk and do the interior of it? Not something id do myself but would be awesome to see someone do that (could even have skeletal remains of the pilots).

Yeah. I kind of suspect the HB thing to be a misprint as yet uncorrected.

Think I'll stick with the classic Rapier kit though. Kind of hard to argue with that much zap.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Just ordered my board.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Bah.

DO MKIII DESTROYERS!

Much better armour for it!
    There's a reason you see Mk III Boarding Marines and Mk III marines manning ordnance. The fluff around the armor makes it slower and more cumbersome. It is, in fact, just Mk II armor, but with extra plates welded on. It's supposed to be "hardened armor," but they give you the opportunity to pay for it rather than it being default in Betrayal. It's minus one to most of your movement orientated rolls while providing a slightly better save against ordnance and template? weapons.

Not assault armor in other words.

If I sound snippy I apologize, but I get into this a lot over at Bolter and Chainsword.

Yet it suits Destroyers so much better than MKIV!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast