BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 43 of 48 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Yup. From what I can see, no actual duff results on that chart.

And I'm liking that the Cybork body is described as being installed under the skin. WYSIWYG solved right there.
    The 6 looks a bit meh

It seems that you rolla d6 and that is both the ap and the s. Therefore you range from s2 ap2 to s6ap6. I guess its saving grace is its blast status
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Just a Bubblechukka. Randomness of the weapon is suitably Orky, and seems pretty decent against large groups of infantry, kind of.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    You are dropping ONE attack. ONE.
    One Attack per boy, which the armies I run is 30 attacks per mob.

And by dropping this ONE attack you are not useless on turn 1 and possibly 2.
    What sort of idiots are you playing that get within Shoota range in those turns?
    Also turns wasted shooting with BS 2 are not spent RUNNING

And as for "randomness"..
    The more dice your roll the less "random" the outcome. Small armies are in fact more random than horde armies.
    This I agree with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    There's going to be a Speed Freaks supplement at some point, you can practically count on that. They might do it as "Codex: Speed Freaks" or "Codex: Evil Sunz."
    Or Waagh Wazzdakka: A Codex: Orks Supplement.

One Attack per boy, which the armies I run is 30 attacks per mob.
    Which is still enough to kill a squad of 10 space marines in melee. Another 30 attacks are overkill.
    What sort of idiots are you playing that get within Shoota range in those turns?
    Also turns wasted shooting with BS 2 are not spent RUNNING
    I wonder if I get to read a single post of you without you insulting random people.
    You basically get anything in range which tired to shoot you at 24" (which is basically the standard range for shooting).
    30 shots with BF2 get actually more done than running a random number of inches (1 for example). Also the shoota helps you in later stages of the game to remove units from the board that are either hard to reach or too far away to charge. Not to speak of the fact that shooting 90 weapons is no problem, attacking with 90 bodies on the other hand is a problem.

Which is still enough to kill a squad of 10 space marines in melee. Another 30 attacks are overkill.
    No such thing as overkill in an Ork Army

And yeah lets assume that you will always roll 1 for your run rolls,

Actually, I've thrown nearly 30 Slugga Boyz at a Marine squad and watched them bounce off.

Granted, they were Space Wolf Grey Hunters, with Endurance cast on them, and a Ministorum Priest, so they had Hatred, multiple attacks, 3+ armor they could reroll, and 4+ FNP. But yeah, I'm thinking it wouldn't have hurt to throw an extra 120 attacks against them. I might have actually killed a couple.

I'm going to have to tell you to sit down, Boofhead. Dissing Charon's friends/associates/gamer collegues(spelling) is uncalled for and ill mannered. There is simply no need for it.

No one is assuming you allways roll one on running. it was just an example. Charon, is the point that rolling bad on a run prevents one from assaulting, negating wounding opportuneties? Roll X to assault, so to speak while there is not a similar mechanic for shooting?

Its more that the guns open up more opportunities. You can still charge und run with a similar effect.
    If you run sluggas you are committed to run and charge. This is not optional. So anything that can prevent you from entering melee or closing the gap quickly (terrain, bad luck with dice, mysterious objectives,....) completely denies you as you have no other option. Also a smart opponent will draw you in deeper as you would like. So you can either take the bait or stay safe. The shoota opens another option: stay safe and still kill things.
    While orcs are not the best marksmen in the universe, they have quite a few shots.
    Forfeiting one melee attack in favor of 2 shooting attacks (which evens out somewhat) also brings the advantage of overwatch with 60 shots.

I dunno man.

Shoota superiority just seems very 5th Ed to me.

They're still potent, but the gap has considerably narrowed, particularly with Waaagh! permitting run and charge, which means on average, and again not taking into account the single charge dice re-roll because I don't know how, Orks can affect a comfortable charge of 16", with a maximum of 24". It's not narrowed to the point where we're going to see Ork players switching en masse, but the dominance just isn't there any more.

Plus, there's the argument that the faster charge will help to reduce casualties suffered whilst crossing the board.

Reckon I'd go with a mix of Shoot and Slugga units. Shootas to give me something to do in the first couple of turns (and for holding objectives), Sluggas to krump 'em good whilst stuck in, and to attempt to seize objectives.
    Last edited by Mr Mystery; 06-26-2014 at 01:18 PM.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

My Waagh! army is mostly Slugga Boyz, but I was mostly going Shoota Boyz for my Blood Axes army, or at least that was the plan (though I have plenty of Black Reach Slugga Boyz primed that I can also paint). I'm going to try Slugga Boyz and see how well they work. If I can play Unbound, I'll use more Painboyz and Big Meks to protect Boyz while getting across the field. Probably will play Unbound anyway because I don't think I can get a basic detachment in addition to the Warband formation (which is best for a Slugga-based army). I also want to experiment with masses of 'Ard Boyz because I think the survivability will more than make up for the increased cost. In the end, it might well be best to go with a mix of the two, and then you can throw the Shoota Boyz into combat to support the Slugga Boyz if needed.

Page 43 of 48 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast