BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 55 of 121 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast

My bet?

Not an awful lot.

As discussed before, Bubblehammer appears to be misconstrued from events in Thanquol, and none of the other rumour mongers have said anything Harry hasn't already supported or scotched.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

We shall find out this year
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Lack of Carnosaur is odd, since it can make multiple stuff. And if Engine of the Gods is left, why take away the Carnosaur?

It also still makes no sense to switch to round bases but keep ranked combat in the game. It's a mess to rank up round models (even buying multiple special bases that can't really be arranged into any unit formation you want). Mordheim was a skirmish game and it had square bases. Either they're ditching ranks, or someone isn't thinking this through well at all.

- - - Updated - - -

I have to agree, too, that them showing the book to another company makes no sense. Maybe showing some fluff to someone doing new work with the changed IP (but that's iffy, since they've already got multiple games lined up to come out with the former Warhammer world), but certainly no showing off rules, talking about plans for the models, etc. This is a company who is so paranoid about competitors that they won't tell their own employees what's coming in the near future, why would they show another company this stuff?

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    Lack of Carnosaur is odd, since it can make multiple stuff. And if Engine of the Gods is left, why take away the Carnosaur?

It also still makes no sense to switch to round bases but keep ranked combat in the game. It's a mess to rank up round models (even buying multiple special bases that can't really be arranged into any unit formation you want). Mordheim was a skirmish game and it had square bases. Either they're ditching ranks, or someone isn't thinking this through well at all.

- - - Updated - - -

I have to agree, too, that them showing the book to another company makes no sense. Maybe showing some fluff to someone doing new work with the changed IP (but that's iffy, since they've already got multiple games lined up to come out with the former Warhammer world), but certainly no showing off rules, talking about plans for the models, etc. This is a company who is so paranoid about competitors that they won't tell their own employees what's coming in the near future, why would they show another company this stuff?
    Unless the company is a video game company ;3

Quote Originally Posted by DrBored View Post
    Unless the company is a video game company ;3
    The setting, yes. The rules? Not so much. Ditto for plans for models.

Yerp.

Your mate might be pulling your leg.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    The setting, yes. The rules? Not so much. Ditto for plans for models.
    Yep. Like you said, all the forthcoming computer games are set in the old universe, so it's unlikely any video games company has seen anything. It is also something that makes me think there won't be massive changes to the background, more just a reboot.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

I'm shivering with antici.....................pation.

Just hurry up and release it already!

Right. Too much longer and I might explode.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Chapter-Master

Yeah, me too. I'm thinking either end of May or August.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD