BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Portal-Lord's Pre-heresy Word Bearers

Here is the start of my Pre-heresy Word Bearers Force, specifically the 5rd Company (Reserve) of the Chapter of the Void, around the time of the the second invasion of Davin (False Gods).
    The Chapter of the Void were said to be a reserve chapter who tested out new tactics and equipment. I saw this as a great conversion opportunity to mix older mark armour (Mk2 and 3) with newer marks (Mk5 and 6).
    Here are some Legionnaires from my first tactical squad.

Some still need static grass and the chapter icon still needs done as I don't have access to a good printer yet but they will get done soon.

[url]http://portal-lord.deviantart.com/[/url]

Battle-Brother

Pretty slick, I like how they're coming along. Perhaps some Badab Black wash in the recesses to add some shading?

Here is the Captain that is a little out of focus in the last shot. The eagle on his chest is one headed, marking him as a Terran Veteran.

Also here is the first of a three man bike squad I am doing. They will all have the winged skull chestplate to mark them out as bikers.

Enjoy!

[url]http://portal-lord.deviantart.com/[/url]

I love the captain, very dynamic pose, the topknots are a nice touch too.

I had some spare parts lying on my desk after the tactical squad so i experimented until I got the pose just right. Slap on an Iron Halo and bang - SM Captain!
    I thnk the top-knots just scream pre-heresy.

@ Consadine - I think the shading is better on the Captain as it was a single model, I experimented with shading a bit more on it.
    Last edited by Portal-Lord; 10-29-2009 at 05:01 PM.

Small update today - Made a test Sternguard using spare parts and made a custom bolter. Basically a normal bolter with an exposed barrel and belt feed, they represent a early mark of bolter used by Terran veterans.

Test Sternguard

Still rough but he gets the idea across.

Working title for unit - The Flames of Truth
    “The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time.” - Lorgar, Primarch of the Word Bearers

Quote Originally Posted by jimbobjeff View Post
    I love the captain, very dynamic pose, the topknots are a nice touch too.
    Agreed. Very nice pose.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Looking very nice; I've done the same thing as you with the Sternguard backpack on some of my pre-Heresy marines. What is your recipe for the grey?

The grey is quite simple. I basecoat the model with adeptus battlegrey, wash the model in badab black, then redo some areas in the grey again, trying to leave the black showing in recesses. I might go back and add highlights to them when I get better at it but for tabletop standard I think they are decent enough.
    “The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time.” - Lorgar, Primarch of the Word Bearers

Veteran-Sergeant

About time somebody made some more PH Word Bearers, any chance of some more pics of the sternguard tester. Really like to weapon conversion!
    www.astronomican.com/forums _______________ hephsforge.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast