BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Librarian

Default Space Wolf Flyers?

I noticed that the Death form the Skies has Space Wolf Ace pilots (who are pretty awesome).
    As far as I can see the only Flyers the Puppies can use are Forge World (Storm Eagle, Caestus Assault Ram, Thunderhawk).
    Is this right?
    The Death from the Skies does not give Space Wolves the StormTalon or StormRaven.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by JMichael View Post
    I noticed that the Death form the Skies has Space Wolf Ace pilots (who are pretty awesome).
    As far as I can see the only Flyers the Puppies can use are Forge World (Storm Eagle, Caestus Assault Ram, Thunderhawk).
    Is this right?
    The Death from the Skies does not give Space Wolves the StormTalon or StormRaven.
    Ah yes the great giant middle finger GW gave to its space wolves players :P

You aren't the first to point out this irony.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Veteran-Sergeant

That's correct, only the Forgeworld flyers are available to the Space Wolves, of course them having an entry could mean something is in the works for them, wishful thinking!

Quote Originally Posted by ChacoStylez View Post
    That's correct, only the Forgeworld flyers are available to the Space Wolves, of course them having an entry could mean something is in the works for them, wishful thinking!
    This is what I'm hoping for (even though I did already break down and buy a storm eagle for my Wolves). I can't see them getting a unique flyer, though. I'm thinking the stormtalon and/or stormraven will eventually slide over to our codex.

Also, I wasn't super impressed with the Wolf ace rules; if memory serves correct, it was just two sagas from the codex and one saga from Forge World tossed on a flyer, nothing new.
    Last edited by The Sovereign; 03-01-2013 at 10:02 PM.

Librarian

The Space Wolf Ace can allow other SW within 12" to reroll Morale checks, or the Ace can re-roll hits vs Walkers, MCs, and T5+ models, or on a 4+ recover a Hull Point.

at our gaming club we agreed that space wolves could make use of flyers. reason for this is a pretty simple one.

1. they follow the adeptus astratus giving them access to such vehicles
    2. they re wolves even if they cant have it they just take it! (this is mine hahahaha)

on a more serious note: im betting GW will FAQ the space wolves into the expansion to be honest

Pretty sure Space Wolves will be getting some kind of flyer in their revision. Which might be coming into rotation fairly soon - they were late 2009, no?

Noting that until recently Dark Angels didn't have flyers either. It's not a "middle finger". They're an old codex.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by olberon View Post
    at our gaming club we agreed that space wolves could make use of flyers. reason for this is a pretty simple one.

1. they follow the adeptus astratus giving them access to such vehicles
    2. they re wolves even if they cant have it they just take it! (this is mine hahahaha)

on a more serious note: im betting GW will FAQ the space wolves into the expansion to be honest
    The Space Wolves don't really adhere to the codex Astartes....

www.queencityguard.com

It does seem kind of silly not to include them. If they didn't include Space Wolves, they'd have to FAQ the book when and if they decide to give Space Wolves a plastic flyer. By including them, they not only don't have to do that, they give Space Wolves an ace for the flyers they can take right now, and during Apocalypse games. If those were the two choices on the table, I mean, which would you pick?

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    The Space Wolves don't really adhere to the codex Astartes....
    thats why option 2 is effective ... we just take it.....................

and indeed it makes no sense at all to include an ace pilot for apocalypse only games! on the other hand... we all know of GW logic