BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    Did you never play chaos gate? Thats the same combat mechanics right?
    While Chaos Gate was exciting because it was "like" 40K X-COM it lacked a lot of the depth of X-Com and was poorly executed. There was no strategic level where you built a base of operations, researched, trained, shot down alien craft, etc. Tactically the marines really never gained abilities as far as I remember, you simply unlocked new squads so it was hard to garner the same attachment to individual marines that you can in X-Com.

The game itself was full of bugs. I remember many graphical glitches which caused the screen to wig out and sometimes crash the entire game. There were also bugs which would corrupt save game files.

On the original topic... I second the having a 40k style X-Com game. I think Bioware could do Warhammer Fantasy justice while Bethesda handles 40k. I would love to see another epic game. My preference is for turn based like the old Final Liberation, but, I'd take whatever I could get. Lastly, for a first-person perspective game I'd like to see Irrational Games (Necromunda maybe?).
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

Bioware doing a RPG in either GW setting would be just lovely. Bethesda making a Necromunda game...
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

@chronowraith, iirc you just unlocked troops and better weaponary. Don't remember it being as unstable as that though.
    and as you say the stratigic game wasn't there.

I still think I'd prefer the fallout mechanics for an inquisitor game, or now it's been mentioned Necromunda.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    I disagree, fallout is quite silly. I would rather Bioware personally.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

I'd like ID games to make an FPS out of Primeval Abyssian oneday.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12