BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    Fly Lord

Default Death From the Skies - Flyer Supplement

The basics:

Death From the Skies
    Ships Saturday 16th February (no advanced order)
    - 72p full colour, softback, Warhammer 40,000 Compendium
    - Contains flyers painted by the ‘Eavy Metal team
    - Updated 6th Edition rules for the following Flyers:

- Stormraven (that can now be used in Codex: Space Marines and Codex: Black Templars)
    - Stormtalon Gunship
    - Valkyrie and Vendetta
    - Ork Dakka Jet, Burna Bommer and Blitza Bommer
    - Necron Night Scythe and Doom Scythe
    - Dark Eldar Razorwing and Void Raven

- New scenarios
    - Dog-fighting rules (from Crusade of Fire)
    via Romeras (warseer)
    Can confirm guys, definitely going ahead, nothing new in it just a compilation of all the flyer rules into one handy supplement, supposed to be au $35 so for every one else about half that price lol. Storm ravens are definitely able to be taken for Space Marines and Black Templar, bu that's the only change.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

I hope the necron fliers get a 100% price increase and ruin all the cheese mongers flying circus armies.

/bitter

First-Captain

If it does indeed include the Crusade of Fire dog fighting rules, does that not make the Crusade of fire book officially the most worthless and useless piece of bobbins ever released by Games Workshop?

So now Tau flyer included?

Librarian

Sounds like there's potential in this thing. But I wonder why give the storm thingy to SM and Templars, but not DA or SW. Are they going to change it to be inline with the new DA flyer? So many questions. Are they adusting the Necron or Eldar fliers? I suspect they will do none of that. Many questions.

Iron Father

Tau flyer would be cool, but if were as close to a Tau release as the rumours are saying, I can see them being saved for a codex release. Which looks like it could be massive.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by energongoodie View Post
    If it does indeed include the Crusade of Fire dog fighting rules, does that not make the Crusade of fire book officially the most worthless and useless piece of bobbins ever released by Games Workshop?
    No that Honour goes to either the "Wargear compendium" they released at the end of 4th edition which became useless when 5th edition came out within months, or the hideous (not chaosy just bad) metal Chaos posessed which were released just before the new wonderful plastic kit.
    Last edited by Kevlarshark; 02-12-2013 at 02:57 AM. Reason: quote went funny

Chapter-Master

I'll need to see it first to see if the rules for the fliers are any different.

But if the costs are different to those in a codex, its going to be hard to enforce, particularly if its a limited run book
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

It's not limited run, just direct only.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Still its the same problem. How do you enforce a change in codex points? If it even contains such a thing

Would the new print runs of a codex be changed? Would the digital copy of Codex Necrons (for example) update?
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

They could update teh digital cersion and release an errata in a few weeks when initial sale of new shiny thing are over.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast