BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Librarian

Default a point on posts on this forum!

I am fed up, every time i log on now it is always the same. In the first ten threads on the 40k general discussion board there are at least 3 seperate threads about GW pricing policy! I am so tempted to go the way of TDA and just leave because honestly every time I log on hoping for a decent discussion about the Hobby all I am treated to is the same conversation being rehashed! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! If you are not happy about their pricing, fine, its understandable. Subjecting the rest of us to your misery however is not excusable. We have to put up with it as much as you, so bite your tongue and just shut up about the topic! /rant
    ALShrive; found somewhere between fact and breakfast.
    Horseman of the Derailment

Chapter-Master

Maybe we could get it condensed to one stickied thread so it's always available at the top and then more easily ignored?

If only TDA was here...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Occuli Imperator

There are 4 in the top 10 excluding the stickied.

May I suggest using the "New Posts" instead button.

I would also observe that one of those is not a "I am unhappy about the cost" thread and my own is a price analysis the likes of which I have not seen before and offers no opinion if the pricing structure is good/bad.

The price of our plastic miniatures is of fundamental importance to all of us whether it is that they are too expensive or not expensive enough, good value for money or bad. If the product becomes no longer value for money the there are less purchases, less sales, less GW profit, les GW investment into new products, shop closures and so the downward spiral continues.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Librarian

my point is though that i do not understand how this can be such a constant conversation, or more to the point, restarted so frequently! The overall hobby content of this forum heavily lacks quite often with exception of a few (Blackadder and SotonShades spring to mind) and even I am guilty of it and I have concluded that enough is enough.
    ALShrive; found somewhere between fact and breakfast.
    Horseman of the Derailment

Banned

There's already [URL="http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?27900-Get-your-frustration-out-here-folks!"]a thread for complaining[/URL].

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    I would also observe that one of those is not a "I am unhappy about the cost" thread and my own is a price analysis the likes of which I have not seen before and offers no opinion if the pricing structure is good/bad.
    Well mine's not about being unhappy at the cost, it's looking at why people are unhappy about the cost. I think a few people didn't click through and read the data I presented before responding.

Chapter-Master

Come back to the Oubliette, at least you know you won't be getting hobby topics there...

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    There's already [URL="http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?27900-Get-your-frustration-out-here-folks!"]a thread for complaining[/URL].
    Or the original rant thread

[URL="http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?23525-Doing-my-head-in&highlight="]Doing my head in[/URL]
    Last edited by Psychosplodge; 01-29-2013 at 08:41 AM.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

Best way to hide them, begin more conversations on other topics! I do see your point though.
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Occuli Imperator

Gott: I think so, arguably mine should have gone into one of the pre-existing ones.

Alshrive: [URL="http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?27672-Blood-Angels-3rd-Company-Ironhelms"]I'm stripping my mini's as fast as I can[/URL]
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Or just ignore threads where you see pricing is the topic? Nobody forces you (or me) to read any particular thread. I skip lots of them because I know they don't pertain to my interests. As another person pointed out, start some topics you think are worth talking about. Forums are about people getting up on their soapboxes, the "nutters" if you are from across the pond. I'm sure they all think their posts are just as relevant as you think yours will be.

Veteran-Sergeant

As Caitsidhe has already said no one tells you to read a topic just ignore topics you have no intrest in, is that not just common sence?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast