BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Librarian

Default Some high elf help please.

im not that new to WFB but im still trying to get myself a good list so i have nothing else to blame but myself.
    so this is what i am running at the mo:

heroes:

mage/lv 2/guardian phoenix/dispell scroll
    mage/lv 2/tali of protection/silver wand

core:

30x lothern sea guard/shields/full com/gleaming pendent
    30x spearmen/full com

special:

20x phoenix guard/full com/amulet of light( we have a lot of VC at my shop )

rare:

bolt thrower

1500pts

any help is welcome.

Before I make any comments, what magic lores do you run on the mages? I recommend Life and Shadow (if you stick with 2 mages as opposed to my suggestion below)

I've never been a fan of Seaguard but I'm willing to state this is a personal preference. I just hate having all the eggs in a single basket. Again, my preference. They perform adequately for their points.

Personally, I'd drop a few spearmen and/or seaguard and pick up at least a single great eagle for placement drop, redirection, and warmachine hunting.

The mages seem to be awfully weighed down with magic items and personally, I would go with a single level 4 instead of 2 level 2s. You usually save a few points doing this.

I would drop the magic items on unit champions. A one wound model that can easily be killed via a challenge is usually not a good place to spend points.

Now, I will caveat all of my statements above. I don't play high elves. These are my opinions on having played against high elves many times over the years and seeing what does and doesn't work.
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

Eagles are must. At least one, two is perfectly reasonable. They are a pain in the arse for any opponent to deal with.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD