BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default 2000 pt Grey knights Mechanicus army, need suggestions

Okay so below is what I have so far, I'll have two other squads just like them, possibly 4 more squads. but I need help coming up with a list centering around them. I'll hopefully have a job soon so picking up extra stuff is not likely to be a huge problem. I have the grey knights codex, and am also open to allies. However I want it to be all mechanicus themed. Suggestions for lists? I'm kind of stuck on what to get next as i have not played the new edition. Was thinking of Inducted guard allies for long range weapons, as skitarri
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

I was thinking three landraiders and three terminator squads would be cool but don't know how that would work in the current meta, advice?
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

Brother-Sergeant
    Germany, Baden Württemberg, Reutlingen/Tübingen

Maybe i just saw too good converted armies themed around (dark) mechanicus, but when looking at your minis i can't see any mechanicus at all. Maybe it's just me.
    Well, yeah... using Grey Knights counts as...
    Building lists currently offers you 5 options and 5 dangers:

a) flyers
    b) 2+ armour / heavy inf.
    c) horde
    d) msu / vehicles
    e) av14 vehicles

You can threaten your opponent with all of those and you should have something to counter all those.
    With your current idea you have b+e as threats so maybe think about how to get a,c and d in there.

Not sure what wargear your Termis are supposed to show, but they have potential to counter your opponent's b,d and e. Think about how to get something against a and c.

Or more input for your helpers:
    What units you like, what models you have, what game mechanics you like, what do you also intend to use / count as what out of the GK codex... ???

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarius Drapesh View Post
    Or more input for your helpers:
    What units you like, what models you have, what game mechanics you like
    Well this is supposed to be a secutor army. Basically warrior tech priests in terminator esque armor. (or their skitarri henchmen in terminator armor like in, Titanicus?) So basically heavy troops. But I know nothing about current meta, are all foot terminator armies still a viable army, do I need to put them all in land raiders, if I could just use three units in three land raiders that'd be cool but I don't know with the changes if that's viable.

Having a custom made valaria as techpriestess Sollex energy blades and all. Basically pulling a lot of stuff out of inquisitors handbook.

Oh and the squad above is a standard squad with 1 Psycannon and 1 thunderhammer.
    Last edited by gendoikari87; 01-21-2013 at 12:55 PM.

Brother-Sergeant
    Germany, Baden Württemberg, Reutlingen/Tübingen

Quote Originally Posted by gendoikari87 View Post
    But I know nothing about current meta, are all foot terminator armies still a viable army, do I need to put them all in land raiders, if I could just use three units in three land raiders that'd be cool but I don't know with the changes if that's viable.
    Oh and the squad above is a standard squad with 1 Psycannon and 1 thunderhammer.
    Due to the fact that not every power weapon ignores all armour anymore termis got a bit more resilent. And land raiders are still tough nuts, especially when you field 3 of them. Psycannons can glance lots of transports to shreds. one big difference to last edition is that units in transports can't stay in their safe fortresses to hold objectives. so keep in mind that your termis sooner or later have to get out to grab some.
    what land raiders do you want to field? godhammers, redeemers, mixed? the redeemer offers some possibilities against hordes, the goodhammer some additional anti-tank...
    what can you field against flyers?
    what can you field against other termi heavy lists? not sure if some tl lascannons and a thunderhammer is enough...

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarius Drapesh View Post
    Due to the fact that not every power weapon ignores all armour anymore termis got a bit more resilent. And land raiders are still tough nuts, especially when you field 3 of them. Psycannons can glance lots of transports to shreds. one big difference to last edition is that units in transports can't stay in their safe fortresses to hold objectives. so keep in mind that your termis sooner or later have to get out to grab some.
    what land raiders do you want to field? godhammers, redeemers, mixed? the redeemer offers some possibilities against hordes, the goodhammer some additional anti-tank...
    what can you field against flyers?
    what can you field against other termi heavy lists? not sure if some tl lascannons and a thunderhammer is enough...
    Flyers: Well all i have right now are the termies, but since it IS a mechanicus list i can easily incorporate some guard with a few hydras(would so totally grab quad sets of the FW punisher cannons to make those). Which would mean i can drop a land raider or two and have two deep striking termie units, 1 Unit in a land raider and then the guard. I guess for straight up anti terminator action I could along side the guard throw in that str 10 ap 2 artillery unit.