BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

I haven't won a game out of 10 with my Eldar. in 5 of them i've been tabled.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Battle-Brother

The BA FAQ includes a Strength 4 Hi (obviously missing the T in hit, but it makes me laugh). Would a strength 4 Hi be someone shaking your hand while a strength 10 hi includes a hug from your aunt with that perfectly placed back slap?

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    Heldrakes Weapon is turret mounted. Means it can be fired backwards?

If only half a enemy unit is in range, you can only wound that half. So if only 1 enemy is in range, and you do 20 owunds, you only kill him
    Hi guys, i'm here to ask you a clarification about this FAQ:

In italian forums we are literally killing each other on this argument. For the RAW of this FAQ a (example) marine unit with bolters and 1 Las Cannon -then 24 for bolter and 48 range for Las Cannon- that is in range with all his members with bolter to Half of an enemy unit can allocate the bolter's wounds even to enemy models farther then 24 beacause 1 of the marine weapon (Las Cannon) has in range the entire enemy unit? So the Las Cannon actually extend the bolter's range.
    Is it correct or bolter's wound can be allocated only to enemy within 24 of range? (As i really hope, for a more realistic rule)

Thank you and sorry for my bad English

@Soul Drinker:

This is from the original english FAQ:

Q: When making a Shooting attack against a unit, can Wounds
    from the Wound Pool be allocated to models that were not within
    range any of the shooting models when To Hit rolls were made (i.e.
    half the targeted model are in the shooting models’ range, and half
    are not)? (p15)
    A: No.
    This means that as long as one weapon has range to the model when rolls were hit, each wound can be allocated to that point. And if i am not mistaken, this same goes for line of sight..

Other than that, my personal points:

Q: If Typhus is engaged in a Challenge and chooses to use the
    Destroyer Hive, do you centre the template over him and resolve hits
    as normal against all units with models under the template, or
    does the Destroyer Hive only hit the model against which Typhus is
    fighting his Challenge? (p61)
    A: It hits all units with models touched as normal.
    This would imply that GK: Sterns Zone of Banishment as well as (i hope its not too much stretching) cleansing flame will cause wounds as normal to whole unit.

Vindicare Assassin’s Deadshot special rule supersedes the Look out Sir!
    This was good news, even tho i haven't used vindicare in ages..

However, lots of issues specific for GK that i've been hoping (and needing for) were left unanswered. I would hope some designers notes to clarify the following things:

- Master Swordsman and the MC / Character / Independent Character issue?
    - Crowes rending cleansing flame?
    - Can brotherhood champion, on the turn in which he charges, re-roll the heroic sacrifice to-hit roll as well?

I believe there were one or two others (or then they could have been main rulebook issues as well), but i cant remember them since its been over one and half months since i last time got the time to play a game..

Veteran-Sergeant

OK, for Space Wolves, they made Scouts even more useless because a WGPL and/or IC can't benefit from Behind Enemy Lines. Meanwhile, did they address the Lone Wolf - First Blood issue? Nope. Give SW any anti-air? Nope.

For Orks, all they did was make an IC completely useless! Nice work, there.

For IG, the forgotten army, nothing. Same with Sisters. So my four armies got screwed, screwed, nothing, and nothing.

And then, the Helldrake. Must not be selling, since it's so butt ugly. So to make sure it does, let's make it even more ridiculously overpowered than it already was.

I love 40k, I really do. But sometimes I wonder what the people at GW are smoking when they write this stuff.
    It takes a big hammer to drive a big nail.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by robrodgers46 View Post
    OK, for Space Wolves, they made Scouts even more useless because a WGPL and/or IC can't benefit from Behind Enemy Lines. Meanwhile, did they address the Lone Wolf - First Blood issue? Nope. Give SW any anti-air? Nope.

For Orks, all they did was make an IC completely useless! Nice work, there.

For IG, the forgotten army, nothing. Same with Sisters. So my four armies got screwed, screwed, nothing, and nothing.

And then, the Helldrake. Must not be selling, since it's so butt ugly. So to make sure it does, let's make it even more ridiculously overpowered than it already was.

I love 40k, I really do. But sometimes I wonder what the people at GW are smoking when they write this stuff.

The point of the FAQ is to address issues within each codex. The VS - cover save issue has been out there for a while - nothing in the IG or SoB codex can do either of these things.

The Heldrake arc of fire has been another debated and asked over by many

I don't know about Zogwort, it just looks like they were keeping consistent with the man rulebook FAQ in regards to shooting and 0 level characteristics.

The allies rules should more than make up for the lack of fliers in a SW army, plus it's not like their the only ones w/out fliers.

Chaplain

Very happy that Noise Marines can take 1 blastmaster in 5 or 2 in 10. Although I have been finding out that one blastmaster is a lot of overkill.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by celestialatc View Post
    Very happy that Noise Marines can take 1 blastmaster in 5 or 2 in 10. Although I have been finding out that one blastmaster is a lot of overkill.
    I'm actually super ecstatic over this, you can never have enough blast masters

Chapter-Master

GW apparently has snakes writing FAQ's now.

Q: Can Broadside Battlesuits fire submunition shots? (reference ssection, Warhammer 40,000 rulebook)
    A: No.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Angelofblades View Post
    The point of the FAQ is to address issues within each codex. The VS - cover save issue has been out there for a while - nothing in the IG or SoB codex can do either of these things.

The Heldrake arc of fire has been another debated and asked over by many

I don't know about Zogwort, it just looks like they were keeping consistent with the man rulebook FAQ in regards to shooting and 0 level characteristics.

The allies rules should more than make up for the lack of fliers in a SW army, plus it's not like their the only ones w/out fliers.
    I'm just cranky about my IG and Sisters. The Lone Wolf problem is a real one, as a very cool and fluffy unit pretty much can't be run due to just about automatically giving up a VP.

For Zog, one of the reasons they FAQ is to fix issues from previous edition codices. I think that qualifies.

And, I didn't ask for fliers. I actually don't want fliers. I want my Long Fangs, who are the most skilled heavy weapon troops in the game, to be able to shoot at fliers. I mean, Havocs can do it, and they are droolers.
    It takes a big hammer to drive a big nail.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast