BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Chaplain

Default Tool to cut pewter?

Looking for suggestions on a tool to cut pewter.
    Something that could make a straight line cut like a saw
    and/or
    Something that could cut out a chunk of pewter about 1/2 in and 1/8 thick.

Any body tried useing a drill to bore a hole through pewter? As long as I keep safety in mind I would think this might work.
    Would the types of drill bits matter?

Thanks for any tips/suggestions any one might have.

What I'm trying to do is: Cut the lil fury animal head out from inbetween the left arm of the Pewter Sanguinius model created by Scibor many years ago. (Not the newer resin one)

"I have seen what you will see. I have fought what you must fight, and I have slain what you must slay...." Commander Dante

Librarian

And what are you going to do with the little furry animal?
    "Let them come. We shall smite them down where they stand" Warsmith Vorax of the 15th Grand Battalion.

A dremel and a lot of luck.

Your best bet is to try and re-cast just that area. Probably a ***** to do as a gs mold, but doable with patience.

Chaplain

I was thinking I'd mount the lil furry head on a chaos spawn (sacrasm)

Dremel might be doable.
    Yeah this is gonna be ruff, I'll probable lose the arm, but I'm prepared for that. My plan is to green stuff create a replacment arm holding a (spacehulk) Grail that has three drops of blood dripping from it. If I pull this off it should be sick.

O' yeah in case anyone wants to know for size comparison:
    Scibor Primarch models (I have Horus, Sanguinius, Lemon Russ, Emporer Version 1 and 2) all are a head shorter then the Forgeworld Angron model and much thinner.
    And the Kabuki primarch models are about as big as a Tactical Marine, but with a much smaller head.
    "I have seen what you will see. I have fought what you must fight, and I have slain what you must slay...." Commander Dante