BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Oh I'm with you!!

Literally the table, not the board! Apologies for my misunderstanding!

GWUK also uses standardised tables. Each one 2'x4', box metal frame with a laminated surface I presume from the weight is either MDF or Chipboard! No idea where they source them from. Head Office sort all that out! Or at least they did in my day!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Sergeant

it would probably be cheaper and better if you built our own. you'll get the size you want along with your modifications that makes it work for you.
    also look at model train magazines, you'll find fold up designs and tables that are mounted on ceilings that will ratchet down for easy storage

My first table comprised two interior doors painted green (got a good approximation of Gobbo green down B&Q) on top of an old desktop, mounted on two saw horses.

Best bit was, each side had a roughly 6" non gaming area running the length of the board. In the days of 2nd Edition, it was useful for putting you data faxes and Wargear cards on, without putting them on the actual board.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Veteran-Sergeant

Okay so I got with Games Workshop yesterday. The gentleman that works with acquiring the tables was on holiday vacation but I was told that tables go for like between $500 and $1000. So I'm going to hit up my local Lowe's here and see what's they have to construct a similar metal table. To Lord of the Dead I already made a table this time last year. It's a 4x8 wooden table that I sanded and stained. It's really nice but I'm in the army and moving in May so I'm afraid that it will break despite it being made to take apart. I'll get you you guys an update after I hit up Lowes though.
    AIRBORNE/AIR ASSAULT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12