BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default Games Workshop and their gaming tables

Okay so a few days ago I went to the GW store in Saint Louis, MO for the first time since they open and I saw these really unique and awesome game tables they had. I asked the manager were he got them from and he said that GW has a contract with a company out of Memphis, TN but that was all he knew. Is there any here that knows what I'm talking about and who I need to talk to get a table like that?
    AIRBORNE/AIR ASSAULT

Sounds like broken biscuits to me.

Here in the UK at least, all tables have to be realm of battle, and any scenery must be GW kits. Though conversions and kitbashes are around.

When you're a shop, it helps to have everything available to buy.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Veteran-Sergeant

I'm not talking about the scenery but rather the actual table. The table itself is what I'm trying to get info on. The store manager of the GW in Saint Louis said my best bet was to call GW customer service but to be honest I don't think I would get far in the direction of were I could get one
    AIRBORNE/AIR ASSAULT

Vacuum formed tables haven't been issued in at least 9 years.

You sure it's not a realm of battle?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Veteran-Sergeant

Okay this is what I saw: a metal table that like it could easily constructed or disassemble. It about 4 feet off the ground and it had lower level that was used to display store products like dark vengeance. The was made just big enough so that a complete realm of battle set of six could be placed on top if it. The store in Saint Louis has only been around since march and the manager had said that GW has a contract with a company in Memphis, TN that makes them but he knew nothing else.
    AIRBORNE/AIR ASSAULT

If you can snap a picture of the table in question, I can get all the details for you. I'll be having discussion with a facilities bloke in January, who should know, or know who does.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Foxhound2delta View Post
    Okay this is what I saw: a metal table that like it could easily constructed or disassemble. It about 4 feet off the ground and it had lower level that was used to display store products like dark vengeance. The was made just big enough so that a complete realm of battle set of six could be placed on top if it. The store in Saint Louis has only been around since march and the manager had said that GW has a contract with a company in Memphis, TN that makes them but he knew nothing else.
    I saw a couple of tables just like the one you describe at the GW in Scottsdale. Neat table.

Veteran-Sergeant

Yes, GW does have contracts with several companies that make the tables. And for those who cannot picture it, Foxhound2delta is talking about the furniture and not the play field. The GW stores on the west coast are 4' X 8' with a bottom shelf and a recessed top which fits the realm of battle perfectly. It also comes with two metal trays that hook onto the edge of the table so you can put your casualties, dice, etc in them.

Since different regions have different suppliers, it may be hard to get a direct answer from GW. I would talk to someone from your local Battle Bunker rather than the GW phone monkeys. Each region operates seperate from everyone else so the answers will be different.

When I worked for GW, I remember getting the new tables in and even our manager didn't know where they came from.

Good luck and let the rest of us know how it turns out.
    On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died.

Brother-Sergeant

Two versions of the tables are currently in US stores. The metal ones, which is what you saw and the older wooden ones. The wooden ones have the advantage that sides can be taken off and tables put together for Apoc games. I got a number of the table tops when the Baltimore Battle Bunker closed but couldn't get them to part with the tables

Veteran-Sergeant

Thanks for the replys. I'm glad that finally people figured out what I was talking about. My wife thinks I can just get the parts from Lowes and build it. I'll check there after Christmas but if its a nogo then I'll start hitting up the Memphis to track down some answers. I'll post what I find if anyone is interested.
    Last edited by Foxhound2delta; 12-24-2012 at 10:52 PM.
    AIRBORNE/AIR ASSAULT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast